Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Tomasz Mirosław Kuszczak the best goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had ?

Is Tomasz Mirosław Kuszczak the best goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had ?

• Yes

Votes: 87 75.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • No - alternative suggestion

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
By far gus's best signing this season, perhaps ever ?.

As I've said in several threads already this season he may well prove to be the main reason for whether we make promotion or not.
After all the goalkeeper problems last season, Gus had Kuszczak's name written down well before last season even finished. I'm sure it was top of his list for our challenge this season. :thumbsup:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Beeney was a beast in my opinion and contributed to saving Albion as a club via a large transfer fee.

TK though is right up there as the best of them.

I no longer wince with fear With him in goal

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Astonishing the number of crosses that he safely plucked out of the air last night, without even needing to jump! His reading of things is so good, that most times he was able to just WALK off his line, through a crowd, and just collect it, without any fuss.

I was talking with my Saints Fan mates, at the weekend, and they were saying that he would have made a good signing for them. Great work Gus and Tony.

im sure they were expecting Davies to perform....and he hasnt!

and i think its brilliant!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Thought his distribution tonight was pretty poor but he made some brilliant saves AGAIN.

This is his weakness for me as well but he is good at keeping that ball out the net, the other stuff can be worked on.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The only other GK I felt at ease with was the fading Joe Corrigan... So far Thomaz has been amazing....yes his distribution could be improved but his awareness in saving shots is superb.....

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I voted yes, purely based on our current position. If TK wasn't in goal, we would have at least 5 less points IMO. I can't remember in 30 odd years of watching The Albion feeling that way, a keeper racking up points for us!

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
What did I tell you, people? :) Talent-wise he is among the best Polish keepers in history, in the same league as Tomaszewski, Młynarczyk, Dudek, Szczesny (I'm talking about Maciej Szczesny, his son at Arsenal still has a lot to learn), Kostka and Boruc.

It was annoying me to no end seeing him sitting on the bench in Manchester all those years, and I'm really delighted to see him playing so well for Brighton (and from the look of things he is going to be back in Premiership next season).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He is making a hell of a difference,has gained us a minimum of 4 points already this season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yes, in goalkeeping terms he is shaping up to be the best keeper we've had. It's a bit early yet to really make that call but he will save us many more points as the season unfolds. He came here because he believed that we had it in us to get promoted and we owe it to him to do whatever we can to keep our side of the bargain

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
By the way, I've just noticed that in the title of this thread not only are Tomek's
first name and surname spelled correctly but there is also Polish "ł" letter in his
middle name (instead of English "l"). I am hugely impressed. This board has come
a long way :)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
By the way, I've just noticed that in the title of this thread not only are Tomek's
first name and surname spelled correctly but there is also Polish "ł" letter in his
middle name (instead of English "l"). I am hugely impressed. This board has come
a long way :)

dzięki!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Haven't seen enough of the PIG yet, but I reckon he'll end up being the best I've seen, yes.

So far, my top three:
Joe Corrigan
Mark Beeney
John Keeley (in his early days)

Although Moseley and Digweed were both competent enough STALWARTS.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So far so good. Rapidly closing in on Grummit.

"We've got the big Pole in our goal,"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here