Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the NORM for England players ?

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I thought Carra was one of those brand of cheeky scousers who gave their all. What a shame.

Me too. This has come out of the blue for me.

Reminds me of a story I read about Gerrard's family being pally with an 'enforcer' (funny word for such a to$$er) - that threw me but hey, they come from anywhere don't they these players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a complete twat, makes me hate Liverpool even more and all their players and staff and fans.

Right - I agree with the twat part, entirely.

Can you explain the rest, though? Why should Carragher's spoilt, arrogant views, be blamed on his club, it's staff, their players or their fans?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think that our players when playing for their Country do lack passion.

Thats not to say that they do not wish to do well or want to win its just that they lack the old fashion passion that some of the South American and African Nations seem to show.

From their days in their gleaming Academys passion is scorned upon from many coaches as our coaches try to engineer a modern day footballer.

Media training already means that the after match interviews have become bland and irrelevant to the match just played or to their own personal feelings.

The same might be said of their relationship with each other, time after time misplaced passes are followed by the 'clap above the head' from the receiving player to try and difuse any negativity from the spectators and many fooling for it.

Maybe a passionate accountability might be needed right now. Why not demand a better level of skill and focus from that player that has once again misplaced an easy pass?

Maybe rather than protecting themselves and their fellow players, why not a real drive to achieve success with a few bollockings to any team mate that seems to show lack of technical ability with frightening frequency.

Football requires skilled technique of course but dont forget it also requires drive, determination and yes passion lots of it.

So no they aren't passionate they are robotic, professional and compotent and that I am afraid will not win major tournaments.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
After the way her "retired" because he wasn't getting to play often enough, then none of this surprises me at all.

I do fear a shit attitude towards International football is a big problem with whatever 11 millionaires that we choose to select.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Blimey what a depressing thread.

I was happy England didn't get Scolari and more than pleased to see Capello; I envisaged a bit of a shake-up, a few new ideas and much more experimenting with friendlies. Now I am dreading next week.

I have no idea what can be done to sort it out but the utter inevitability of grinding out a win over Andorra whilst mis-placing 50% of our passes, is doing my head in.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The latest piece from this lovely man's autobiography

Jamie Carragher continues to endear himself to the nation and takes another step in dismissing the lazy stereotype of Scouse scallies being nasty little violent scroats.

In the latest extract from his autobiography, as serialised in The Daily Mirror, Jamie tells a charming tale about the company he keeps.

'When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

'A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

'Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

'That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

'As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.'

To be fair to Carragher he's not saying anything that Liverpool, Man U or Arsenal fans don't say; i.e. that they don't give a stuff about England and it's club first every time. Blimey there's even some on here who'd rather Brighton got three points against Scunthorpe as opposed to England winning (or even qualifying for) the World Cup.

Admittedly the fact he was found out at international level may have had something to do with it. If he'd been a halfway-decent international player he might have felt differently.

They shouldn't step on a pitch wearing international colours then, if they don't give a monkeys.

"Fair play" to lads who admit from the start that they don't want to play for England, and don't feel passionate about it - but if they go out there and THEN say they could give a stuff? Career-ending injuries are what they deserve.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
The latest piece from this lovely man's autobiography

Jamie Carragher continues to endear himself to the nation and takes another step in dismissing the lazy stereotype of Scouse scallies being nasty little violent scroats.

In the latest extract from his autobiography, as serialised in The Daily Mirror, Jamie tells a charming tale about the company he keeps.

'When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

'A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

'Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

'That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

'As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.'

Did you actually read the thread?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They shouldn't step on a pitch wearing international colours then, if they don't give a monkeys.

"Fair play" to lads who admit from the start that they don't want to play for England, and don't feel passionate about it - but if they go out there and THEN say they could give a stuff? Career-ending injuries are what they deserve.
Oh I agree and I'm not defending him for an instant, like I say the realisation that he 'didn't care' probably came at exactly the same time he realised he wasn't good enough - "*sniff* Well I never wanted to play for England anyway."

Like you I wish he'd had the balls to say he didn't care BEFORE he screwed up, but I bet he gets a rousing reception the next time he walks out at Anfield which makes it all the more galling.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I really believe that we haven't had a manager since Venables who has sent the team on the field with a plan and system that is right for the players he has.

Since Hoddle I would say. Before he came out with all that GUBBINS we actually looked like world beaters, its a shame that there was all that Eileen Drewery & reincarnation stuff which didnt help his first qualifer against Sweden for the Euros after World Cup 98.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
COCK

and a perfect example of some premiership twats...

Dalgleish - **** as well now

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Year ago, a player's wages were largely determined by his international standing. The better you played for your country the more wages or transfer fee you could command. Now players who are nowhere near the England side can command ridiculous wages. You can sail through your career without playing for your country and still earn more in a week than a brain surgeon earns in 6 months.

The thing is, if Spain, France and Italy can all win stuff there is no fundamental reason why England can't either.

There does seem to be a "culture of fear" about playing for England, and I don't think Cappello will be able to break it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is really depressing me is that the more I see and read of current and ex-England players (and Englsh Premier League footballers in general) the more I like David Beckham as a person.

Bit in today's press about Wayne Rooney bigging himself up to an Andorra player. Andorra player claims Rooney said 'I'm a star' to him. Shame he didnt demonstrate this against Andorra.

This is the same player who bowled into the Baden-Baden team hotel and exclaimed "The Big Man Is Back" when he returned from his foot scan and got the all clear to play in the world cup.

Cock.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is really depressing me is that the more I see and read of current and ex-England players (and Englsh Premier League footballers in general) the more I like David Beckham as a person.

I tend to agree. For all of Beckhams show-biz side he does come across as quite humble and genuinely grateful for being able to play football.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here