Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the NORM for England players ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another factor as to why England are toilet, if this is the typical attitude:

"I was never in love with playing for England in the first place"

"Representing your country is the ultimate honour, especially in the World Cup. Not to me"

"I confess: defeats wearing an England shirt never hurt me in the same way as losing with my club"

"I'd just missed a penalty in the quarter-final shoot-out against Portugal. The text messages of consolation I received on the coach included one from Kenny Dalglish. 'f*** it. Its only England'.
"I would rather miss for England than LFC," I wrote back.

J. Carragher

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Carragher's never had a good attitude towards playing for England. He's Liverpool through and through.

And retiring because you're not getting picked is the behaviour of a 6 year old who goes home crying because no one wants to pick him in a kick in the park.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Plus how does Carragher not constantly give away penalties? He is ALWAYS holding shirts, pulling players down, the man is a walking penalty.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Cool. Well that's one Premiership prima donna that should never play for the country again.

oh dear the jamie carragher autobiography.

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

It is the cringiest thing you could ever read. Scousers really do have no shame.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Probably an excuse for not being able to replicate his club from in an England shirt.

He was shocking that night in the 0-2 in Crotia.
Or he got found out. He's never been that great a player, overrated by the Liverpool crew on MOTD. His retirement showed as clearly as possible his attitude was shit. Sadly I do think at least a couple of other players probably think the same way.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I already disliked Carragher, without all this new info.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What a total cockend.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard shared the same views.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I thought Carra was one of those brand of cheeky scousers who gave their all. What a shame.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He does give his all. For Liverpool.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I thought Carra was one of those brand of cheeky scousers who gave their all. What a shame.

all the scouse contingent should go and play for f***ing ireland. just paddies whos great grandads blew the money to new york on drink.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Was it not Stevie G's (I hate that name) dad that employ a fixer to sort out some gangsters who were threatening Stevie, all whilst Gerrard was fronting a campaign to end street violence?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think their attitude stinks. Some of the stuff Joe Cole and Rio Ferdinand have written over the past couple of years is toilet. They do seem to have a belief that they dont have to work too hard because they have talent which eventually win the day. Being cosseted from such a young age probably doesnt help.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think their attitude stinks. Some of the stuff Joe Cole and Rio Ferdinand have written over the past couple of years is toilet. They do seem to have a belief that they dont have to work too hard because they have talent which eventually win the day. Being cosseted from such a young age probably doesnt help.

Joe Cole recently blathering on about how the team needs time to gel and how they tend to peak to early (in the qualifiers) were baffling. This team has been playing together for too long as it is. How much more time do they need to gel? As for peaking...please let me know when this was as I must have missed it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why does the thread start by questioning whether this is typical of England players. Carragher has never been and England regular. Compare his attitude to that of Beckham, Shearer, Gerrard, James etc.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Another factor as to why England are toilet, if this is the typical attitude:

"I was never in love with playing for England in the first place"

"Representing your country is the ultimate honour, especially in the World Cup. Not to me"

"I confess: defeats wearing an England shirt never hurt me in the same way as losing with my club"

"I'd just missed a penalty in the quarter-final shoot-out against Portugal. The text messages of consolation I received on the coach included one from Kenny Dalglish. 'f*** it. Its only England'.
"I would rather miss for England than LFC," I wrote back.

J. Carragher

I don't agree that it is the norm at all. I believe that regardless of how they play, the vast majority of those who play for England play with 100% passion.

I know you don't agree with that, but I think you're wrong.

I really believe that we haven't had a manager since Venables who has sent the team on the field with a plan and system that is right for the players he has.

Keegan admitted he wasn't good enough, Sven was better than many gave him credit for but lost the plot at vital moments, 'Dutch' McLaren was an expert at holding an umbrella but nothing else, and, I agree Capello has been a disappointment.

I don't necessarily agree with your comments about the 'old guard' but in all the recent friendlies Capello had the perfect opportunity to blood the young pretenders. He didn't, so he and we have learned nothing.

So does he now still go with the old guard for his first competitive games or experiment. I simply don't know because either option is a huge gamble.

I do not blame the 'old guard' as such, I blame the direction and decisions from the boss. Let's see what happens next week.

As foe Carragher, I've never liked his attitude but thought he was superb for Liverpool. He was unlucky for England because he had a lot of quality competition at centre-back and was never quite as good as expected in full-back postions. However his anti-England arrogance makes me delighted that he wasn't picked more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here