Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the election best off losing?

ack

Apr 20, 2006
On what basis was she great? Yes, she broke Arthur Scagill with the result complete towns and communities are now empty, yes, she regained the Falklands after ignoring all advice to send a force to prevent an invasion in the first place which would have saved British lives, yes, she sold off all the nationised industries most of which are now owned by the very rich or foreign investers, yes, she sold off council houses cheap and not rebuilding thereby increasing property values and creating homeless and wealthy landlords because people cannot afford to buy, yes, she relaxed the laws on HP so as you didn't need a deposit to buy anything hence we have a country living in debt. And after all this those ungrateful Tory bastards gave her the distinction of making her the only Prime Minister to have been voted out of office by her own party.

And selling most of our gold and raiding our pensions, plus never being elected is sooooooooo much better????????

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And after all this those ungrateful Tory bastards gave her the distinction of making her the only Prime Minister to have been voted out of office by her own party.

Not arguing with the rest of your post but this bit isn't true. Robert Peel resigned after Tory MPs voted against his Corn Law measures.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
'Scumbag miners' is a little harsh I thought there were part of hardworking communities who got shafted in the corridors of power.

To blame it all on the Baroness is wrong, but she has to answer for the selling off of the utilities which has come back to haunt us, and the creation of the 'I'm all right so f*** the rest' culture of greed which has caused some of our current financial problems.

How else could anyone who followed Scargill and tried to impose their will on the rest of our nation by violence be described?

Utter rubish to blame anything on Maggie. If we had the drive she instilled into our then youth now, we would not be in this shit.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Scumbags? blokes striking for their livelihoods ? lets hope you're never in the same position . no-one can condone breaking the law, but lets face it , the old bill hardly covered themselves in glory did they ? the phrase lions led by donkeys springs to mind when i think of the miners strike.

Blokes who expected the rest of us to tolerate their unreasonable demands because they wanted to remain in the 19th century? The inbread scum thought they were above the law - well Maggie soon showed the commie bastards.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Blokes who expected the rest of us to tolerate their unreasonable demands because they wanted to remain in the 19th century? The inbread scum thought they were above the law - well Maggie soon showed the commie bastards.
f*** me mate, i didnt ever think i'd be telling someone to chill out a bit :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The phrase lions led by donkeys springs to mind when i think of the miners strike.

Same. King Arthur led the miners up the garden path. They never deserved that. Thatcher would never in a million years have let Scargill win. She'd have let every mining family literally starve to death before that happened, evil bitch that she was.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Same. King Arthur led the miners up the garden path. They never deserved that. Thatcher would never in a million years have let Scargill win. She'd have let every mining family literally starve to death before that happened, evil bitch that she was.

Tom, I still cannot work it out Im 45 been round the block a few times and I can still recall what a tyrant she was for the whole country both north and south, but some on NSC hold her in such regard to quote the words of Chubby Brown 'They would use her shit for toothpaste'.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tom, I still cannot work it out Im 45 been round the block a few times and I can still recall what a tyrant she was for the whole country both north and south, but some on NSC hold her in such regard to quote the words of Chubby Brown 'They would use her shit for toothpaste'.

Indeed Harty, it's downright head-mental.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"'They would use her shit for toothpaste'."Quoted by Harty

Half the population cannot wait to piss on her grave.

Are you offering to dig it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cameron is starting to pull ahead in this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here