Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the election best off losing?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Sorry Grandad. Winnie,as you know,was an opportunist who changed parties to get in to power.He also has the Gallipoli fiasco on his cv.

As for Thatcher,well...........the poll tax,the Falklands debacle,the dismemberment of society.Taking milk from children. My word she was great.

Churchill was our leader and ultimately led our country to victory over the worst and most evil enemy we have ever fought, when other men around at the time i.e Chamberlain, Halifax were not up to the task and it dwarfed them. Just a small thing you have left off his cv!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dismemberment of society.....my arse,what bo----ks.:shrug:

Thatcher is responsible for our ASBO society. Kids grew up without respect and now their kids are even worse.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thatcher is responsible for our ASBO society. Kids grew up without respect and now their kids are even worse.

i never understand this. how was right wing, conservative PM supposed to have created the ASBO generation? Thatcherism might be accused of creating greed, consumerist and "me first" attitudes, but that doesnt translate to anti-social behaviour.

the root cause of that is left wing ideals that shun punishment, reward failure and a encourage a culture of state dependency without following through on state led discipline. The ASBO kid is the antithesis of Thatcher's children, who are supposed to smarten up and get to work and generally take care of themselves and family.

Last edited:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Could be right.Whoever is in power is going to make some 'tough decisions' as the politicians call it.Huge cuts and tax rises on the way....inevitable,the country is in the financial shit.

The important thing is that people remember who put us there, with his "prudence" and "no more boom and bust"! :angry:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
i never understand this. how was right wing, conservative PM supposed to have created the ASBO generation? Thatcherism might be accused of creating greed, consumerist and "me first" attitudes, but that doesnt translate to anti-social behaviour.

the root cause of that is left wing ideals that shun punishment, reward failure and a encourage a culture of state dependency without following through on state led discipline. The ASBO kid is the antithesis of Thatcher's children, who are supposed to smarten up and get to work and generally take care of themselves and family.

Beo,you beat me to it.I really am sick and tired of the lefties continuing to blame Mrs.T for all the ills in the world.It really is quite pathetic,but I suppose they have to have a hate figure to deflect from the dreadful shortcomings of their own party.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

How the f*** do you work that out? The only thing that could even have an influence from that time was the scumbag miners, "Poll Tax" rioters etc. who had no respect for the rule of law.

Maybe kids see a society now with no real prospects (except for drug dealing) and easy money on the dole created by "New Labour"?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The important thing is that people remember who put us there, with his "prudence" and "no more boom and bust"! :angry:

By God,I hope they do remember and kick the incompetent bunch of clapped out politicians into touch next week!!:angry::tantrum:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

Lefties blame Thatcher for everything, everything, all the ills they perceive to be with this country. Eventhough she left office nearly 21 years ago and we have had a Labour government for the last 13 years whom could undo everything she did and therefore put all they perceive wrong, right. It is sloppy and lazy thinking and it is a cliche so easy to trot out.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Politicians are opportunistic and take advantage of what is going on in society, Thatchers popularity was at an all time low when conveniently the Falklands war popped up and she forged herself into the Iron lady, Churchill did the same during the second world war. So what the next govt really needs is a war, preferably an opposition which can be beaten, I suggest maybe the Isle of Man or the isle of Sheppey.

on a serious note the advantage that the next govt will have is that expectations will be at ground zero and that the mantra will be that we need to take tough medicine to make us better, that should take them through the first term and probably the world economy will be recovering by then and they can take all the credit, the worst place to be would being in opposition because if its the Tories then have thrown away the greatest opportunity to dislodge Labour, if its Labour, the Tories will spend the next 4 years blaming them for the woes of the country and if it is the Lib Dems it means they are not part of a coalition govt.

2nd is nowhere and the winner takes it all

ack

Apr 20, 2006

Sorry but that is total crap, I went through my teens and into work during those years and I learnt respect and to be fearful of doing wrong. There was none of this kid glove warnings and ASBO rubbish, the local copper knew your dad and if you were seen or found doing anything wrong he told your old man 1st, and you got to answer to him with all that entailed. OK I took a few smacks etc, but I'm a bloody site better placed citizen for it. I learnt to save and live within my means, never expecting or wanting anyone to bail me out, never crossing the law and feeling repulsion for anyone who did.
Then Labour and the namby state decided that kids had more rights than adults, and they could feel free to do whatever they wanted without any real fear of punishment.
As much as it pains me to say, I hope Labour win this election because as a country we are totally fecked for years to come. The 160 billion debt figure is stated in the press is only for this year, which I dont think many people look beyond. In total this Labour gov have spent well beyond its means for years.
OK all we get is NHS SCHOOLS POLICE gotta spend more, wise up people we as a nation cant afford it.
If any of you go out and buy a house and afew cars on the tick in the hope just maybe next year or so you might be able to pay them back. Would you take the risk??????????????
Labour has and did for their whole terms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Sorry but that is total crap, I went through my teens and into work during those years and I learnt respect and to be fearful of doing wrong. There was none of this kid glove warnings and ASBO rubbish, the local copper knew your dad and if you were seen or found doing anything wrong he told your old man 1st, and you got to answer to him with all that entailed. OK I took a few smacks etc, but I'm a bloody site better placed citizen for it. I learnt to save and live within my means, never expecting or wanting anyone to bail me out, never crossing the law and feeling repulsion for anyone who did.
Then Labour and the namby state decided that kids had more rights than adults, and they could feel free to do whatever they wanted without any real fear of punishment.
As much as it pains me to say, I hope Labour win this election because as a country we are totally fecked for years to come. The 160 billion debt figure is stated in the press is only for this year, which I dont think many people look beyond. In total this Labour gov have spent well beyond its means for years.
OK all we get is NHS SCHOOLS POLICE gotta spend more, wise up people we as a nation cant afford it.
If any of you go out and buy a house and afew cars on the tick in the hope just maybe next year or so you might be able to pay them back. Would you take the risk??????????????
Labour has and did for their whole terms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you want such a bunch of incompetent losers like Labour to win the election????:shrug:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by

I'm 27, Thatcher was long before my living memory so i can't comment too much but even I know there's no way a Tory government can be blamed for an ASBO society!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
How the f*** do you work that out? The only thing that could even have an influence from that time was the scumbag miners, "Poll Tax" rioters etc. who had no respect for the rule of law.

Maybe kids see a society now with no real prospects (except for drug dealing) and easy money on the dole created by "New Labour"?

'Scumbag miners' is a little harsh I thought there were part of hardworking communities who got shafted in the corridors of power.

To blame it all on the Baroness is wrong, but she has to answer for the selling off of the utilities which has come back to haunt us, and the creation of the 'I'm all right so f*** the rest' culture of greed which has caused some of our current financial problems.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
The only argument I would say is was Winnie greater than Mrs T I am not sure that he was as I think that she was the greatest ever and history will prove that in years to come.

On what basis was she great? Yes, she broke Arthur Scagill with the result complete towns and communities are now empty, yes, she regained the Falklands after ignoring all advice to send a force to prevent an invasion in the first place which would have saved British lives, yes, she sold off all the nationised industries most of which are now owned by the very rich or foreign investers, yes, she sold off council houses cheap and not rebuilding thereby increasing property values and creating homeless and wealthy landlords because people cannot afford to buy, yes, she relaxed the laws on HP so as you didn't need a deposit to buy anything hence we have a country living in debt. And after all this those ungrateful Tory bastards gave her the distinction of making her the only Prime Minister to have been voted out of office by her own party.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The only thing that could even have an influence from that time was the scumbag miners,
Scumbags? blokes striking for their livelihoods ? lets hope you're never in the same position . no-one can condone breaking the law, but lets face it , the old bill hardly covered themselves in glory did they ? the phrase lions led by donkeys springs to mind when i think of the miners strike.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sniping from the sidelines is OUT, coalition is IN.

To use a football analogy, becoming the new prime minister is like taking over Leeds Utd. We should be in the top division, we're a big club but financially we're in a bad place. Hopefully, Grayson is Clegg and Delph is Trident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here