Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this Murray's year to win Wimbledon

Will Murray win Wimbledon

• Total voters

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
British Tennis = England national football team.

thought the same myself, The Evertons.................... handy enough, plucky also rans who can beat the lower ranks and give better opponents a game but will never beat those top opponents to the crown

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I hope not, i hope gets knocked out in the first round, he is scottish and also has slagged off english fans before but we still stupid enough to support him, more fool us.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
in a word no. get to semis and then get battered in 3 sets by nadel in under 90 mins. Same story different year.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I hope not, i hope gets knocked out in the first round, he is scottish and also has slagged off english fans before but we still stupid enough to support him, more fool us.

Brilliant.

Also, i assume in the Olympics you wont want ANY scots to win?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Had to vote ''who cares'' Until they go back to wooden rackets and head bands it'll just be a snore bore, I mean who wouldn't rather watch Connors vs McEnroe.................even now.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Couldn't care less about tennis mostly (except in how it pertains to [MENTION=13959]TheBlueAndWhiteStrips[/MENTION] avatar :) )

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is this the thread that has been bounced annually for the last 5 years ?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Come on nail your colours to the mast before the tournament gets under way. I expect a repeat of the last few years. Flatter to deceive and fall flat on his face when he meets a big gun, out with a whimper rather than a bang.

No, never will.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Maybe if they draw AFC in the Johnsons Paint cup.
I dont think he will even win at Selhurst.

As for the Scottish git................no chance there either

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yeah, funny how it suddenly became a 'joke' when he realized his comments had lost him the support of millions of English fans.

The interviewer was talking to both Murray and Henman. The interviewer ribbed him saying "Are you going to be supporting Scotland in the World Cup?" knowing full well that they hadn't qualified (again). So he then asked him who he would be supporting and Murray said "Anyone but England". The papers then latched on to him wearing a Paraguay shirt ad finitum. Incredibly pathetic that people sent death threats and are still upset about what was a bit of light hearted banter.

He can't dislike England too much. He lives here and his girlfriend is English.

This gets trotted out every year and it was the ridiculous red tops that took in upon themselves to misrepresent the whole interview.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here