Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this art ?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Did it make you stop? And think what it was about? Then yes.

Wire wrapped up in paper and stuffed in bins on busy high streets make me wonder what it is but its defffo NOT art !!! Come on Lush pleeeeaaseeee !!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Nope - not Art for me either, I'm with Pasty - its a skip with lights on. Maybe they put barriers around it to stop Rabbit skips coming back to collect it, doubt their collection men would think it were art! :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Its not even finished where's the mattress?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
What is the following word....Blue.
If you thought it was blue then you are blind as it is red, case of the emperors new clothes and marketing bull shite, it's a frigging skip not art.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It maybe art. But its not good art.

Good art, or even great art, needs to be somthing that very few people can do.

Needs to be something that few people would think of doing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A skip has promoted 4 pages of discussion.

So I think it could be a statement about presentation and marketing. It offers the idea that just because something is lit up in neon it doesn't make it worthwhile. So mass packaged and marketed rubbish is still rubbish.

You can look at it and see a skip with lights on and say it is not art. Or you can accept that someone is trying to say something and think about what it is.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It maybe art. But its not good art.

Good art, or even great art, needs to be somthing that very few people can do.

Exactly. I like browsing around the National, Tate Britain and Tate Modern on a bank holiday, but I fully reserve the right to stand there and say "That is a steaming pile of shit".

Difficult when discussing a Gilbert and George painting, because they literally often are - but you get the idea.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A skip has promoted 4 pages of discussion.

Yes, but the Easy 10 "women farts in a lift" thread provoked more.

You could of course elevate "woman farting in a lift" to art, but beyond his thread I struggle to think how you would capture it for the masses to enjoy.

Jam Jar ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here