Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this a great time for our country......or what!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It seems to be what the majority of commentators are saying.
There are statistics around about the rich - i.e. the top 10% getting richer, while the rest of us - i.e. 90%, which is a fairly big majority - are getting poorer.
Admittedly the unemployment count went down - unexpectedly - this week - but how many of those are in marginal employment, part-time when they need to be full-time and so on and so forth.
How many people in real need , whom the Government of the Day would describe as "scroungers", are really frightened because they are GENUINELY unable to work, but are afraid they will have their benefits reduced. I heard of a case in Southampton last month of a man suffering from Emphesema and in a wheelchair who appealed against his loss of incapacity benefit. The effort of getting in to court in his wheelchair gave him a breathing crisis. By the time he had recovered his breath, his appeal had been upheld and the original judgement described as ridiculous. I was told of this by the person who was presenting the case to the tribunal, who has presented 12 such cases so far this financial year, 11 of which have been won, which shows the quality of the original judgements.

The thin air of my Imagination - I don't think so. Wake up and smell the coffee, as the expression goes.

Just as an aside, did you know that the amount of money committed to the bank bailout by the government would be enough to pay for JobSeeker's allowance at the current rate for the next 150 years, or is the equivalent of what would be lost through benefit fraud over the next millennium - that's one thousand years. And these are provable by Government statistics.

Amazing.
I am awake, I am just bored with the same old tripe trolled out by the 'right-on' left. It is obvious where your political bigotry lies, I only have to read back those positives you quote that you just can't help devaluing with an added 'but'......I must ask, do you ever take a positive view of any success if it involves the Conservatives or Lib-Dems, or do you live your life entirely behind the veil of Labour/Trade union spin?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am awake, I am just bored with the same old tripe trolled out by the 'right-on' left. It is obvious where your political bigotry lies, I only have to read back those positives you quote that you just can't help devaluing with an added 'but'......I must ask, do you ever take a positive view of any success if it involves the Conservatives or Lib-Dems, or do you live your life entirely behind the veil of Labour/Trade union spin?

it looked like you had posted that quote
I thought you had a brain storm:lolol:

in my case the answer to you question is no
I take each person at face value
there are lots of Labour people I detest but on the other hand many tories I like Edwina Curry,Doris karloff,but most MP's are money grabbing shysters and most unions are useless.
and when I vote I vote for the person not the party

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Will it be a boy
Will it be a girl
God how the tension mounted as we waited to see what sex the pouncing little scroat would be.

How long do royal mums have to wait before they hand the thing over to a nanny to bring up ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Will it be a boy
Will it be a girl
God how the tension mounted as we waited to see what sex the pouncing little scroat would be.

How long do royal mums have to wait before they hand the thing over to a nanny to bring up ?

They don't nowadays. That was the case 60 years ago.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
THE Economy is getting worse by the day, research Quantitive Easing in the USA and in the UK then get back to me... (note, all world currency is linked to the dollar which is backed by nothing, and the FED need to plunge $80bn into the economy each month.....backed by nothing).

This week the FED said probably no tapering this year....e.g no reduction in QE......the media will however blab about manipulated job numbers and make everyone feel good - so people go and get loans and buy stuff.......helping their busted economy - which crashed and broke in 2008 - since then it has had plasters placed upon it.

check out "End of the Road, how money became worthless" - a film by ex Wall Street, finance, and gold experts who know what is coming.

I already responded to your diatribe here: http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showt...r-bankruptcy&p=5833810&viewfull=1#post5833810

The idea that quantitative easing must lead to hyperinflation has been debunked so many times it is not even funny, try this for starters: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1799102

Hint, people like Peter Schiff are NOT experts, they are morons.

vanmill

Sep 12, 2013
Contrary to most merchants, Costco is siding with Obama in his call to increase the federal minimum wage to $9 an hour. In fact, it would do the President one better, supporting a minimum hourly wage of $10.10. This can help not just the economy but people that are working.

Contrary to most merchants, Costco is siding with Obama in his call to increase the federal minimum wage to $9 an hour. In fact, it would do the President one better, supporting a minimum hourly wage of $10.10. This can help not just the economy but people that are working.

??? Interesting first post?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Happy Birthday Your Royal Highness Prince George

:bowdown:

...and what a fine young man our future King is turning out to be.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ha, people celebrating George's birthday but I remember it as the day that I decided to cycle to work - the office was opposite St Pancras station.

I left home at 3.30 and got in about 10 :lolol:

His birthday will always bring back memories of that painful day

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Happy Birthday Your Royal Highness Prince George

:bowdown:

...and what a fine young man our future King is turning out to be.
Ok, I'll bite.
I love the BBC, but do we really need an obligatory Royal fluffy story EVERY DAY.
I'm going off to sit in my wicker bath chair for a bit and mutter under my breath.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not that many other great days for our nation since 2013 sadly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here