Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this a great time for our country......or what!

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
austerity.
nhs sold off.
post office sold off.
teen alcoholism and single mums at all time high.
gap between rich and poor at all time high.
class system now mutli layered.
sport and ryalnonsense has "a feel good factor"...hence why used so much as a distraction...

Economy improving thanks to current government, unlike most in Europe.
NHS spending at record high despite myth that it is being sold off.
P.O. being privatised to bring it in line with many foreign countries and make it fit for the 21st century.
Teen alcoholism and single mums due to lack of discipline and overgenerous welfare state. Punish drunken youths and make being an unmarried mum something to be ashamed of, not rewarded for.
Gap between rich and poor reducing I'm sure I heard on the radio the other day, but as a wise man once said "you don't make the poor rich by making the rich poor".
Class system's never seemed a matter of great importance to me.
Sport and royalty are facts of life so how are they"used as a distraction". Sport was huge in the former communist countries, was that to try and distract the population's thoughts from the fact they were truly enslaved? We, on the other hand, still live in a rather good country, despite the best efforts of the lefties to disparage and destroy it.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
oh well,you got up this morning and thought we are living in depressing times,i have had a good enjoyable week......different strokes!

the state of the nation is objective, how you feel is subjective - don't confuse the two.....e.g "i feel good, so the nation is great."

one can still feel good inside, and acknowledge the nation is in a bad way......and sporting achievements and a strangers baby does not objectively change that.

There's always good things & bad things happening every day. If I can change a bad thing, then it makes me happy, but to concentrate on bad things to counter a good thing is depressing.

How very true, wise post of the day and it is only 0845.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
austerity.
nhs sold off.
post office sold off.
teen alcoholism and single mums at all time high.
gap between rich and poor at all time high.
class system now mutli layered.
sport and ryalnonsense has "a feel good factor"...hence why used so much as a distraction...

P.O. being privatised to bring it in line with many foreign countries and make it fit for the 21st century.
Teen alcoholism and single mums due to lack of discipline and overgenerous welfare state. Punish drunken youths and make being an unmarried mum something to be ashamed of, not rewarded for.
Gap between rich and poor reducing I'm sure I heard on the radio the other day, but as a wise man once said "you don't make the poor rich by making the rich poor".
Sport and royalty are facts of life so how are they"used as a distraction". Sport was huge in the former communist countries, was that to try and distract the population's thoughts from the fact they were truly enslaved? We, on the other hand, still live in a rather good country, despite the best efforts of the lefties to disparage and destroy it.

Hahahaha

So many errors its actually amusing

Good fishing

Tell me about this myth with the nhs haha

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sport and royalty are facts of life so how are they"used as a distraction". Sport was huge in the former communist countries, was that to try and distract the population's thoughts from the fact they were truly enslaved?

Er, yes.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
This all seems to come down to your own state of mind/attitude.

Positive people will think things are good - these people will tend to be happy.
Negative people will think things are bad - these people will tend to be unhappy.

A certain dependency culture may evolve where people seem to think that others (or the government for that matter) are responsible for EVERYTHING in their life and blame their unhappiness on them. All governments do some good things, all governments do some bad things. I'm damned if I'm going to let them dictate whether I am happy or not. It's all to easy to blame everyone else. The only loser is yourself if you let them get to you too much.

It's easy to fall into the cycle of cynicism and simply end up a negative person.

Fook me, that's too much philosophical thinking this early in the morning, think I'll go back to being a miserable b'stard and it's all your fault :D

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

sorry, but the above is nonsense. just for one, they are putting out tons of negative NHS propaganda so people will welcome the selling off....the deals have already been done......with the MPs mates who run corps.

and another, privatising postal service will mean massive price hikes.....look at Correos in Spain compared to the Post Office. You are falling for the spin about privatisation.

i bet the radio station you was listening too was news corp owned or the bbc.

sport is great, and makes us and me feel good, but is still used by the media and PTB as a distration.....if you can't see this i pity you.

the class system is important to the middle class who are now broke, and the new benefits class who are in a real state due to manipulated inflation (e.g cost of living).

its party time in the eton elitist parliament party with all the selling off and corruption.....

yep, wow....what a great nation.....but a brit won wimbledon so none of this matter because I feel good......//head shake.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I must admit if it wasn't for all the sport in this country especially the footie I think it would feel quite depressing. I suppose we are lucky living down here with the fantastic seafront and the downs behind, there can't be a better place to live. On the other hand I suppose there is Croydon, ha ha.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
How can anyone feel positive in Tory Britain? We've got back decades.

The positive is that at least Labour got kicked out before they could destroy the economy completely. Obviously, it would be a lot better if we had a proper right-wing Conservative government in power rather than the current mob.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I do think you have to compartmentalise life to a certain extent and you can't compare chalk with cheese. When someone says "Woo hoo! We've just THRASHED Australia at cricket!" it's not really relevant to answer "So? World poverty still exists!" Yes it does and yes it's bad and yes we should be doing more to alleviate it but ...... we just THRASHED Australia at cricket!

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
some cracking weather
nice bit of cooling rain on the way
more sporting triumph
a Royal baby
and a spanking of the Aussies that was so extreme the England team deserve to be automatically registered on Cameron`s winking register

take it as it is.

good news is simply that....good news.....Enjoy it.

Palace in the PL getting a bucket load of money!! Could not agree more

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Britain ain't Great, but it is better than most anywhere else in the world. Moan if you want but whatever you pick to complain about, it will be worse elsewhere.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We're living in shit times - but it's going alright in this country for now.

Loads of other countries are pretty jealous of us I'd bet - Australia being one of them !!

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
sorry, but the above is nonsense. just for one, they are putting out tons of negative NHS propaganda so people will welcome the selling off....the deals have already been done......with the MPs mates who run corps.

and another, privatising postal service will mean massive price hikes.....look at Correos in Spain compared to the Post Office. You are falling for the spin about privatisation.

i bet the radio station you was listening too was news corp owned or the bbc.

sport is great, and makes us and me feel good, but is still used by the media and PTB as a distration.....if you can't see this i pity you.

the class system is important to the middle class who are now broke, and the new benefits class who are in a real state due to manipulated inflation (e.g cost of living).

its party time in the eton elitist parliament party with all the selling off and corruption.....

yep, wow....what a great nation.....but a brit won wimbledon so none of this matter because I feel good......//head shake.

You PITY people? How condescending of you! One persons opinion is exactly that - an opinion!

Personally, life is great at the moment! For me and mine anyway!

Deep breath, fresh air, carry on!! 😄

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here