Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there something the matter with the Queen

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think she done her bit, jumping out of the helicopter with 007...Can't see last night being her bag tbh. People forget at the end of the day she may be the Queen but she is still an old lady. She would have probably have thought it was a load of old shit anyway. Best left to the young un's, after all i'm sure even the Queen knows William and Kate are the future of the Royal family for many years to come and in all honesty, probably the saviour of it as well tbh.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The weird one is Charles - what's his excuse? I think the next in line should have put in an appearance; he seemed to give the whole event a bit of a 'body swerve' and makes a rod for his own back in the process. The young royals are getting all the limelight and proving popular, so his turn as monarch will look even more of a non-event.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Prince William goes to opening ceremony = Bloody lazy good for nothing how come he gets free tickets to events like this ©NSC 27.07.12

Prince William absent from closing ceremony = wtf why isn't he there representing the Queen, his mother, why couldn't he get the day off work ©NSC 12.08.12

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Are you serious??!! She probably works harder than 50% of the population of this country.

Doing what, specifically? I hear people make this statement all the time, nobody is ever able to back it up with more than vague generalities though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Do we really expect the 86-year old Queen to have attended a gig which ended with The Who banging out "My Generation" at midnight?? Charles, on the other hand, is younger than Ray Davies AND Macca.

I understand William used up all his annual leave allowance going to events in the previous two weeks and he couldn't afford any unpaid leave for last night ( although he paid absolutely nothing for umpteen tickets to events). When there was a last minute change of mind by his commanding officer to let him go (as he is third in line to the throne) all of the seats had been allocated in the VIP box. He was given the option of Kate sitting on his knee or sitting on the steps where the dignatatries come in but he declined.

Source: Washington Post

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Mate, if she's anything like my nan she probably spends most days wishing people would leave her alone so she can have a cup of tea in peace and quiet.

100% this! For god sake, she's done a hell lot to contribute to the Games, she's probably bored of her life as just wants one bloody day reading a book and not worry about signing any bills or shaking an ambassadors hand!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Her official D.0.B IS April 21st 1926
So she is 86

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Her Mag Is 86. I'm sure she'd rather be at home drinking tea and playing bingo rather than showing herself to the public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here