Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there something the matter with the Queen

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Grouse season started today, shes probably busy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Olympics closing ceremony: Queen praises athletes but will not be there - Telegraph

"In a message to British and Commonwealth athletes released by Buckingham Palace, the sovereign also thanked the volunteers who have given such a “warm welcome” to people from around the world.

The Queen will not attend tonight’s closing ceremony, as Buckingham Palace said there was no official role for a Head of State in the ceremony.

Instead, she is expected to watch it at Balmoral, where she and the Duke of Edinburgh are spending their traditional summer break before returning to London for the start of the Paralympic Games later this month.

Prince Harry, the Duchess of Cambridge and the Princess Royal will represent the Royal family at the Olympic Stadium.

The Queen wrote: “As the 2012 London Olympic Games come to a close, I offer my congratulations to the athletes of Great Britain and the Commonwealth, whose efforts across the range of Olympic disciplines have truly captured the public's imagination and earned their admiration."

aaah. Fair enough. just seemed odd.

Happy birthday mate

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I saw them all there. Didn't they do 'we will rock you', and another song with that wailer in a skin coloured cat suit. Also I know Brian May is knocking on a bit but he's not nearly 90.

And dont call me Shirley.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Mabye it's as simple as harry and kate wanted to turn up and watch it and the others all had better and more interesting things to do.

For an event that would have been in the diary at least four years ago, maybe more???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
For an event that would have been in the diary at least four years ago, maybe more???

The rest of the royals wanted the newly weds to take the limelight, oh sorry wrong prince, right couple!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's no huge surprise, did you SEE how difficult it was to get a ticket?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It is very odd. No Queen, so you'd expect Prince Charles. No Prince Charles, so you'd expect Prince William. You'd also expect Prince Phillip to be there. But Prince Harry WITH Kate. Just weird.

Every Olympic event has seen Wills with Kate and Harry. Weird weird weird.

I must admit I said that at the time. To be fair, I can see why she may have not been upto it, but not Charles or William,

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I did think last night it was strange she was not there but if there no role for her can understand. However it seemed as if there was a spare seat next to Harry. When I saw that my first reaction was I hope she and hubby are okay (not that I am a Royalist at all but she is still a person).

Glad to see she is just on her holidays.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Someone on popbitch is claiming that her husband died during the olympics but it has been kept quiet so as not to disrupt the event.

this seems to be suggest at every event nowadays that Queen doesnt turn out for.

obviously as leader of the lizard people/illuminati she was staying away. Harr was sent because, well he isnt really one of them is he. but the planned lizard invasion/doom was called off at the last minute.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
She is probably sick of people complaining about Ashley Barnes...the f***ing idiots.

butternut sqash soup all over thye keyboard!

Thanks mate

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here