Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there going to be any sort of demo at the withdean on sat?

Nov 3, 2003
notwithstanding the efforts of others on sit inns i think its not productive and in fact counter-productive whilst not suggesting its a good idea nothing less of broken cross-bars mass pitch invasions will get a second div club noticed. Im sure your intentions are well wished but a few extra whistles aint gonna do anything but annoy those around you.

Nov 3, 2003
just think demos need to be original or massive and thats impossible at Withdean as we dont get massive crowds its hard to get the second div publicity with premiersh1te grabbing it all these days, Anyway for what its worthmy simple suggesytion for a massive demonstration of peaceful protest is thousands of ballons let off at a strategic point obvious ones are immediate on ko or the 1st Albion goal (if there isnt one then maybe have do this on final whistle) but if say everytone in crowd on 6000 took 5 or 5 a handful of ballons blew them up that be 30000 odd ballons, blue and white of course its cheap easy for people to do, follow, anyone short of puff could ask the person next to them to help and it might just make the nations rather than the local press. If surprise dthe club havent done anything like this like one for every person thats voted yes and handed tyhem out as you pass through the gates, maybe they already have this idea in hand??

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
No action on Dyke road though please as I need to drive to Wales straight after the match! :sheep:

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Seagull over NZ said:
Can someone tell me why everyone calls it "The Withdean" rather than just "Withdean" ?
interesting question , someone had a go at me on here for calling it 'the withdean'

i call it the withdean

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I call it the shithole!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
FG aka Football Genius. said:
notwithstanding the efforts of others on sit inns i think its not productive and in fact counter-productive whilst not suggesting its a good idea nothing less of broken cross-bars mass pitch invasions will get a second div club noticed. Im sure your intentions are well wished but a few extra whistles aint gonna do anything but annoy those around you.

*Deep breath* I agree with FG. There may be a time for more drastic football-match related action but it isn't now. A sit-in at Westminster would be more productive.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Will the club/Falmer for all team be issuing flyers to supporters on Saturday?

Although this campaign seems to have been running for a while, this is our first home game since the planning inspectors report came out. There must be loads of fans who haven't written to Prescott yet. The most important thing we can do is get everyone to sign a letter, should we all print some off and distribute in our areas of the ground?

MRRF 10

i think the leaflet drop and balloons on Saturday will be the way. My printer doesn't work, if someone can print loads off i will be prepared to help distribute them, maybe meet outside the turnstiles to the south stand

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
MRRF said:
its officialy called the withdean stadium

No it's not. It's called Withdean Stadium. I always referred to it as such until Micky Adams started calling it "the Withdean". Nonsense really... nobody ever said "the Wembley stadium" did they?

MRRF 10

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
No it's not. It's called Withdean Stadium. I always referred to it as such until Micky Adams started calling it "the Withdean". Nonsense really... nobody ever said "the Wembley stadium" did they?

no the area is called withdean, but the stadium is called the withdean stadium

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
MRRF said:
no the area is called withdean, but the stadium is called the withdean stadium

No, the Clown is correct. It is called Withdean Stadium. Never has been 'The' Withdean Stadium.

Anyway, I'm just going to make a bleeding great racket about wanting Falmer on Saturday. I suggest a nice loud singalong, utilising, in some way, the phrase "We Want Falmer" etc.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here