Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there going to be any sort of demo at the withdean on sat?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Er, I'm a little concenred about the idea of leaflet drops, the potential for litter is a worry. Basically everyone there should know the plight, the ballon thing inside the ground would have impact.

What's the deal, after we score our first goal?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Superphil said:
What's the deal, after we score our first goal?

On current form, most of the balloons would be flat by that point.

How about we do something really astonishing, something highly out of the ordinary that will make people sit up and take notice?

Like play really well and beat Bournemouth for example.

A bonus point for the first person to spot Meridian TV referring to the game as a derby (either "local" or "South Coast" variety), somehow implying that we give a shit about Bournemouth.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
edna krabappel said:
How about we do something really astonishing, something highly out of the ordinary
Like everybody sitting in their seats before the kick-off, and remaining there until the final whistle has sounded?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Why, thank you my Lord.:bowdown:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If we all went and stood on the running track at half time and refused to go back to our seats for the start of the second half , would they delay the start of the second half until we were all seated again?

We only have to stand there for about 10 minutes after the second half should have restarted.

It would be peaceful and the players wouldnt get cold as they can stay in the changing rooms.
Plus it would get some coverage on Sky as they always have a man at the game,along with Meridian and the radio!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Knowing the FA, they'd probably charge the Albion with failing to control the crowd.

MRRF 10

Charlies Shinpad said:
If we all went and stood on the running track at half time and refused to go back to our seats for the start of the second half , would they delay the start of the second half until we were all seated again?

We only have to stand there for about 10 minutes after the second half should have restarted.

It would be peaceful and the players wouldnt get cold as they can stay in the changing rooms.
Plus it would get some coverage on Sky as they always have a man at the game,along with Meridian and the radio!

i like that idea

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've heard on the grapevine that H Block are planning to sing 'Stand Up If You Want Falmer'. At which point they will do just that. As will a small number of souls in adjoining Blocks J and G, plus a dozen or so stalwarts in the North Stand opposite H Block. Er, then they'll all sit down again...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know Withdean isn't great for singing, but the Tom Hark version of We Want Falmer sung at Wycombe was very catchy, so I'd like to think that would start up and continue for a while.

Particularly if the game is dull and there's nothing else to do. We're bound to be the main game on the Meridian Match, as it is their aforementioned "derby" so we need to make ourselves heard above the 400 grannies travelling up from Bournemouth.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Suggestion for making a noise on Saturday, and on all future games.

There are NSCers sitting in all different places in Withdean. If we have an agreement that if one stands up and starts singing, then all the other NSCers in the vicinity stand up and start singing. I know from experience that when I start singing plenty of people around me start.

This might get things going a bit, might even inspire the team a bit, like we did against PLymouth.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Tom Hark said:
. As will a small number of souls in adjoining Blocks J and G, plus a dozen or so stalwarts in the North Stand opposite H Block. Er, then they'll all sit down again...
small number- one person (me) who will then get evil looks and be told by some old geezer behind me to sit down!:(

Superphil said:
Suggestion for making a noise on Saturday, and on all future games.

There are NSCers sitting in all different places in Withdean. If we have an agreement that if one stands up and starts singing, then all the other NSCers in the vicinity stand up and start singing. I know from experience that when I start singing plenty of people around me start.

This might get things going a bit, might even inspire the team a bit, like we did against PLymouth.
Nice idea, but you know it won't happen :(

The Tom Hark "We Want Falmer" thing at Wycombe worked well although I almost guarantee that just won't work at Withdean. There are too many miserable old dudes there who just want to moan and sit there in silence. Literally :angry:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Remember how good it sounded at Withdean when trying to keep Coppell.. We can do that again.

Stomping the floor, singing the Tom Hark Falmer song.

Just hope we don't get the same result as the Coppell chant recieved.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think there should be a demo against people who say "the Withdean".

There may be more important issues around right now, but this is one I hold close to my heart.

So strongly do I feel about it that I may just stage a personal boycott of the game on Saturday.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Suit yourself Bozza

Your voice isn't that loud anyway ;)

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Bozza said:
I think there should be a demo against people who say "the Withdean".

There may be more important issues around right now, but this is one I hold close to my heart.

So strongly do I feel about it that I may just stage a personal boycott of the game on Saturday.

The Bozza's boycott.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In fact I am going to boycott both the city of Brighton & Hove and Sussex itself.

We can overcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here