Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anything that can be done?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
To get the fans to sing GOSBTS without speeding up. It always ends up sounding shite.

Puts me in mind of the old musicians gags:

Q. How do you know if it's a drummer knocking at the door?

A. Because it speeds up

Q. How do you know if it's a vocalist knocking at the door?

A. They don't know when to come in.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It's literally UNBELIEVABLE

Even when the club play the ACTUAL MUSIC for uis to sing along to, it's seemingly impossible for people to keep in time.

It winds me RIGHT UP, particluarly because i'm absolutely positive that, sung at the right speed, GOSBTS would sound EPIC

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

Even when the club play the ACTUAL MUSIC for uis to sing along to, it's seemingly impossible for people to keep in time.

It winds me RIGHT UP, particluarly because i'm absolutely positive that, sung at the right speed, GOSBTS would sound EPIC

It used to sound brilliant, late seventies/early eighties, though even then a few could not keep time. A full north stand belting it out was epic!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

This. There's a group of us trying to sing it loud and slow in W3G but the tannoy actually gets drowned out by the clapping that's already started by the time we reach "so let your voices ring", it's a lost cause. I genuinely don't think many people even know there are words, let alone learn & sing them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

This. I sing it at the right speed every time but end up sounding like a right part as I'm.only half way through when everyone else has finished!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I made a video that'd have the words appear on the big screen as part of a fan lead campaign to get everyone singing it right. The club dismissed it without a thought.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I find myself in some weird halfway house between the fast version and how it should be because try as I might to stay at the right beat, because everyone else is speeding up you instinctively go to do the same and have to rein it in to stay on track.

Well, I do anyway.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I find myself in some weird halfway house between the fast version and how it should be because try as I might to stay at the right beat, because everyone else is speeding up you instinctively go to do the same and have to rein it in to stay on track.

Well, I do anyway.

Exactly the same here- and if you keep it slow you feel like a dick because everyone else has finished.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bring back the Casio keyboard version played at Withdean.

Literally the biggest pile of WANK ever. I do agree that its being sung to fast, but with almost 22,000+ fans trying to sing in time i just don't think it is going to happen.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its the clapping thats what does it. At the CRICKET no such problem correct speed and everything!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think it started off well on Friday. Goose bumps time for me anyway, the best I've heard it for ages. But then it speeded up.

I blame the north.:D

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
On a similar theme, it would sound good if "We are Brighton" was sung at the speed of "We are sailing", especially towards the end of a game like Friday night, scarves aloft etc...

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I made a video that'd have the words appear on the big screen as part of a fan lead campaign to get everyone singing it right. The club dismissed it without a thought.

This was discussed on NSC I recall. There is absolutely no downside to having the words on the screens and would be immense if we could get everyone singing the right words at the right tempo.
Give it another go with the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here