Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anything that can be done?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The ONLY time ever we've maintained a decent tempo and speed was at the Burnley game. It pisses me right off.

Edit: The Great Escape I mean

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Maybe it is the clapping. Spurs version of "oh when the saints..." is REALLY slow and sounds great, but they don't clap.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Ironically the new abridged version played pre-match has cut out the part of the song that I think could genuinely help slow the singing down; "We're the men from Sussex....".

Poor choice whoever did that.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
i sing the right words at the right speed regardless of what people around me are doing, my mates now sing it with me at the right speed, hopefully the people next to them will start at the right speed and maybe in a few years it will have spread throughout the whole ground. although I fear it is going to be a fruitless exercise, all we can do is do our best to educate people around us, or just accept its never going to be right and live with it,

I do agree about the clapping, it should stop, most people around me just clap along to GOSBTS, and that is what pulls it out of time, i find it difficult to sing at the right speed as when everyone is clapping i cant hear the music, and whenever the great escape has started all they do is clap and not sing or shout, it sounds stupid.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I made a video that'd have the words appear on the big screen as part of a fan led campaign to get everyone singing it right. The club dismissed it without a thought.
Funny this has come up today as I was thinking over the weekend about how crap SBTS was on Friday compared to how EPIC (good word Hiney...) it should be...

We discussed it all at great length around the time of the e-petition and the production of your brilliant on-screen video but basically it should be our anthem that we sing properly. Norwich played West Ham on Saturday and on MOTD you could hear "On the Ball City" being replied to by "Bubbles"... Birmingham fans will belt out "Keep Right On to the End of the Road" when they come down... Liverpool have "YNWA", Stoke "Delilah"... SBTS should be as good or better than any of them (given it's unique history and significance...) - we need the club to make the walk-out anthem/crowd singing pre-match thing work and then it can evolve into being used as a fans chant once people know how it goes...

The STAND OR FALL banner is excellent and we should keep pushing the club over the singing of SBTS. I'm going to contact Paul Barber and suggest to him that his predecessor made a big mistake last year in ignoring the fans on this one. It wouldn't cost him very much (if anything) to sort out and he could potentially gain great kudos/popularity with a large number of fans as a result of getting this right. (Yes, I know that I shouldn't hold my breath).

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It's not just Sussex by the sea either.

The Great Escape gets faster and faster until it just fizzles out because nobody can keep up with the speed of it all.

Why does almost every song we sing have to be at 100 bloody miles per hour?

It makes it sound as if nobody is singing properly when it would all be awesome if we all just sang together at the same speed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its the clapping thats what does it. At the CRICKET no such problem correct speed and everything!!

This. Any song we sing, that has clapping, gets faster and faster. STOP CLAPPING and the songs should slow down although I think it's too late now.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Maybe everyone could do themselves a favour and listen to this and tap along or something.

The Great Escape Theme - YouTube

Even when it's played during Fanzone everyone speeds up :facepalm:

It's not just Sussex by the sea either.

The Great Escape gets faster and faster until it just fizzles out because nobody can keep up with the speed of it all.

Why does almost every song we sing have to be at 100 bloody miles per hour?

It makes it sound as if nobody is singing properly when it would all be awesome if we all just sang together at the same speed.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
It's literally UNBELIEVABLE

Even when the club play the ACTUAL MUSIC for uis to sing along to, it's seemingly impossible for people to keep in time.

It winds me RIGHT UP, particluarly because i'm absolutely positive that, sung at the right speed, GOSBTS would sound EPIC
next time Unc, glance across at me, we can sing it slow together*
like [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] , i sing at the slower tempo and end up looking silly.

* morale high ground :smile:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Waterboard the lot of em, people will say and do anything after experiencing that.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I made a video that'd have the words appear on the big screen as part of a fan lead campaign to get everyone singing it right. The club dismissed it without a thought.

This has to be the way forward

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Words on the big screen with one of those little blobs going along like a Disney sing along DVD the only solution IMO.

I sing the proper words in time to the music in the North along with a few others near me but it's not catching on.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
It's literally UNBELIEVABLE

Even when the club play the ACTUAL MUSIC for uis to sing along to, it's seemingly impossible for people to keep in time.

It winds me RIGHT UP, particluarly because i'm absolutely positive that, sung at the right speed, GOSBTS would sound EPIC

This. Winds me right up too !

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Any chance someone could get Richie Reynolds to make a public plea to everyone to slow down before the start of the next home match ?!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Not as bad as the Depeche Mode song for CMS, it's SO fast it sounds nothing like the original. I've given up trying to sing it now it sounds so crap, don't people feel like utter nauses singing that great song so fast it sounds like morse code?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here