Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anyone on here who didn't watch the Albion at the Goldstone?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I was 12 when I first went to see the Albion at the Goldstone in the final season we were there.

I went to six of the last seven games, and I would have gone to seventh if we had managed to get a ticket for the Doncaster match.
:(

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I remember bunking off school to get tickets for the Chelsea match, it only took three hours and all the turnstiles were open, and the queue was four deep all the way to the railway bridge by one o'clock on the way home.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I once sung Xmas carols with my school choir at half time at the goldstone when we played Ossie Ardile's Newcastle side there a good few years back. A month later, I'd f***ed off the choir and bought my first kit....

D

Deleted User X18H

chez said:
Dont apologise, it's an excellent photo. Falmer or wherever we may go will be brilliant but I cant see me ever having the same feelings about the new ground as I do/did about the Goldstone.

For the record my first match was Ipswich 1982 and my last Doncaster 1997. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
That was my first match without my dad 1-1 Neil Smillies debut Andy Ritchie scored I think. I stood in front of the lego stand.

aph298

Jul 26, 2004
nomadic
Playing jumpers for goalposts football as a kid I'd always be Gary Nelson shooting at the Goldstone's North stand goal - my mates just couldn't understand it.
My first ever game was against Leicester circa 1990 - we were one--nil down and came back to win 2-1. That was my first and only time in the South Stand.
The North Stand is where I grew up and learnt - during the testimonial with Liverpool - never, ever to where gloves (think John Barnes) when playing cos everyone rips the piss out of you.
My the Goldstone rest in peace. :(

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I used to be just middle (more middle) to left of the goal in the northstand!!

It was on reflection a dump!! BUT as per prev posts it was OUR home and I fookin loved it!!!

The Sportsman bar for pre match drinks outside Hove station then walk over the Hove station bridge up to the Goldstone passed th Plumb centre!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here