Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anyone on here who didn't watch the Albion at the Goldstone?

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
It's been a fairly long time since leaving the Goldstone and I was wondering if there was anyone who was not able to see the Albion play there but now a regular?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
RB said:
It's been a fairly long time since leaving the Goldstone and I was wondering if there was anyone who was not able to see the Albion play there but now a regular?

i saw them play once in a friendly against qpr and thats about it. im 17 now so its only really my age that prevented me. now a season ticket holder...and proud!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Warning, nostalgia alert

07-13-2004011643pm.jpg

It was a dump but I f***ing loved The Goldstone

First game August 1968

Last game April 1997

Some unbelievable stuff inbetween!!!!!!!!!

Marvellous

:clap2: :clap2:

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Christ I can't imagine having only know Albion as playing at Gillingham or Withdean.

In fact I'm surprised that anyone under the age of 18 ever goes to watch us to be honest!

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
I'm 16 so I only went for the last two seasons, I usually went in the north west stand, I'm gutted that I never got the chance to go in the north stand.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Only ever managed to make it there the once, a 2 - 2 against Leeds when Gotsmanov was pulling the strings for us, memorable day! Was a long way to travel form Yorkshire as a kid.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Dont apologise, it's an excellent photo. Falmer or wherever we may go will be brilliant but I cant see me ever having the same feelings about the new ground as I do/did about the Goldstone.

For the record my first match was Ipswich 1982 and my last Doncaster 1997. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hadn't thought about it until I saw this thread but over the years I sat in the lego stand, the south and the west stand. Stood in the south stand before it had a distress fire,North, North East corner, East Terrace and west stand at the front.

That covers every area of the ground I think :clap2: :clap2:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm 19 and went regularly to the Goldstone. Rarely in the North Stand though as I was young and with family. Would have loved to expirience that. Remember asking my auntie what they were singing when the goalkeeper took a goal kick - "Oooo-Eeee-Arrr" I was told and shouted as loud as I could at every game. :jester:

bobbycodpiece

Jul 25, 2004
Brighton
...I remember climbing the East Terrace steps in the late 70's for my first game and thinking the pitch was huge ! & sitting in Goldstone Lane for hours before the first Arsenal game so we could get on the "rail" and be able to see some of the game !!

...."Goat'em Brighton !" programme cover picture era !!!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
cannot remember the year but 1st game at the goldstone was an fa cup 4th round game against bournemouth.

then last was against donny 97.

my 1st ever pro football match was at belle vue. doncaster rovers.v. bournemouth also. cannot remember the year but the late billy bremner was donny's manager and the 2.0 win ensured doncaster's promotion to then division 3. now known as league 1 after being called division 2.

for those that only remember premiership, division 1, 2 and 3, it used to be division 1, 2, 3, and 4 before that. :nono:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I never saw any games there. However, a friend of mine whos a *wednesday* supporter was a season ticket holder there with his father in the early 1990's. (He's from Eastbourne). Didn't even use his ticket most of the time, but still got to see about 40 games there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here