Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a singer whose voice irritates you so much that you have to leave the room

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Rod Stewart - never liked his voice even when he actually sung some decent songs (i.e. the 1970s).

Shaun Ryder, too.

Oh, and Diana Krall. Muzak at its worst.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Alecia keys

I HATE that new York song.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Mick Hucknall - hearing him makes me want to smash him in the face. And he supports Man Ure!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Michael Jackson-every time I hear his voice I want to smash whatever device I'm listening to when he comes on.

Same for that wanker Robbie Williams-just writing his name makes me want to puke.

Will Young, Gareth Gates, Bruno Mars.

ALL Boy Bands-sappy pappy crappy shit. Girl bands too-especially Spice Girls.

ALL Gangsta Crap.

Radio is a shit place these days

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Michael Jackson-every time I hear his voice I want to smash whatever device I'm listening to when he comes on.

Same for that wanker Robbie Williams-just writing his name makes me want to puke.

Will Young, Gareth Gates, Bruno Mars.

ALL Boy Bands-sappy pappy crappy shit. Girl bands too-especially Spice Girls.

ALL Gangsta Crap.

Radio is a shit place these days
Too right mate,I agree and I want to add ANYBODY who has/is or even thought about going on X-Factor.Total bollocks.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sting.... great musician, awful voice.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
or turn the sound off? I'm not talking about a song you hate by them but someone who you just can't listen to under any circumstances, without getting irritated?

Johnny Matthis for me.

I haven't yet heard a song he's sung that I can even say I like just a little bit. His voice just sounds so schmaltzy that I can't stand to listen

I know he is highly rated, has a wonderful range but that whingy voice murders every song he sings imo, I just can't appreciate anything about it.

Here he is in festive mood grrrrrr aaaaargh

I'm not a big fan of Mathis but I like his recording of "Wonderful, wonderful". His voice has held up remarkably well for a man in his seventies as well.
I never liked Buddy Greco.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I know he's not a singer but whenever I hear Dermot o'Leary's [sp] voice I know that we are in for some absolute shit on our tv. His voice is the closest thing I've got to 'auto channel change'.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Alecia keys

I HATE that new York song.

Amen to that. I loathe that song yet to some people it is one of the greatest songs ever???

Another vote for Adele and Michael Bubble too and a special mention to Emily Sand all of whose songs I find dreary, uninspiring and just plain dull.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Heather Small
Mick Hucknall
Lighthouse Family bloke

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
One Direction-utter, utter, utter shite.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leo Sayer

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
for me it has to be Tin of Tuna or if you prefer Tina Turner, I can't even stand watching her, dancing around like she's crapped her pants lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here