Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a singer whose voice irritates you so much that you have to leave the room

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Nina Simone. But only on particular songs. The worst being 'I got my hands, got my nose, got my belly button, got my pituitary gland, got my liver, got my kidneys, got my instep, etc.'

Its just a great big peculiar quivering whine.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Another vote for Adele.

I'm sure if I dated her, she'd break up just to write another song.

Oh, and any Christmas song played in November means I depart shop pretty quick....

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Not a singer but I only have to hear Ann Atkins being introduced on the BBCR4 Today Programme (usually on Thought for Today) to hit the off button. Supercilious, know all, condescending hypocrite.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Well having scanned down this thread I think we've covered just about every successful singer from the past 40 years or so - nice to see NSC keeping up the good work!

Personally I can't abide anyone who has been auto-tuned which seems to be pretty much anyone played on Radio 1 these days.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Leona Lewis.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There's plenty, but the stand out for me has to be Tom Waits.

Quite where the genius in that excuse for a 'voice' is I fail to see...must be his song writing abilities perhaps:shrug: Not that I'm ever able to listen long enough to find out what he's trying to say, even though I've tried.

Next on my list would probably be Tina Turner.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Each to their own but I'm SHOCKED that there is someone who doesn't like her voice? All the other shit about her, fine, but her voice is amazing (obviously imo)

I totally agree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There's plenty, but the stand out for me has to be Tom Waits.

Quite where the genius in that excuse for a 'voice' is I fail to see...must be his song writing abilities perhaps:shrug: Not that I'm ever able to listen long enough to find out what he's trying to say, even though I've tried.

Next on my list would probably be Tina Turner.

I have a friend who is a massive Tom Waits fan, and I have to agree. Just don't get it but he still keeps playing his songs. Instant depression for me.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Dylan, although I am a big fan there seem to be many who don't like his voice at all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bono nails on a chalkboard.

It's a Beautiful Day being the exception for me, probably because it was the theme to the Championship football a few years ago.

So much of U2 sounds like the same song very very slightly rearranged especially the guitar riffs.

Mew

Aug 16, 2011
Ellie Goulding
Prince

Not a singer's voice but Jimmy Carr's laugh has to be the most annoying vocal sound on tv.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here