Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IS there a point to Tommy Fraser?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tom why do you - and some others - keep going on about how piss-poor league 1 was last season. Whats happened to raise the overall standard so much this term ?
Leicester City ? Miraculous new training methods ? Monkey gland injections ?

No idea.

But the quality WAS piss-poor last season. It was a MUCH easier league.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Here we go again, discussing the merits and openly slagging off our fringe players, all of whom did OK last season when we finished seventh.

So the big question is...... why are these players a bit shit this season. Why do they sometimes look as though they are not trying? Who's responsibility is it to get the BEST out of his players?

It's time for Micky to show he can do that otherwise even I will have to join the Adams out camp. Not there yet though;)

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Here we go again, discussing the merits and openly slagging off our fringe players, all of whom did OK last season when we finished seventh.

So the big question is...... why are these players a bit shit this season. Why do they sometimes look as though they are not trying? Who's responsibility is it to get the BEST out of his players?

It's time for Micky to show he can do that otherwise even I will have to join the Adams out camp. Not there yet though;)

I don't know what the answer is and I don't think Micky does either. We put in 2 good performances against Leicester and Millwall, then play poorly against Hartlepool and do the job against a poor Swindon side. We are very inconsitent, and thats what needs to be sorted out.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No idea.

But the quality WAS piss-poor last season. It was a MUCH easier league.

I`m not sure of that Tom. I`ve seen nothing at Withdean this season other than Scunny to say this league is any different than last year.

Oh almost forgot................ we were better last time out.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Youve hit the nail on the head there. I don't think Micky knows what to do about it either.

I am worried by our demendance on loan signings. Without loan signings, the best team we could muster would be

Kuipers

Whing Elphick Virgo Lynch

Cox Livermore Thomson Mcleod

Murray Forster

Actually having looked at that team, it doesn't look so bad. Micky, I offer free advice anytime.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Oh and on Fraser, we had too many attacking players in midfield, and they were running riot, he came on at 3-0 down, and we managed to stem the tide a little.

You're right, we were getting overrun in the second-half, but 3-0 down was a bit late and a bit pointless to be stemming the tide in my opinion. It's a bit like putting on a condom after you've knocked up your missus.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
You're right, we were getting overrun in the second-half, but 3-0 down was a bit late and a bit pointless to be stemming the tide in my opinion. It's a bit like putting on a condom after you've knocked up your missus.

I disagree, at the time it looked like we were going to lose by 5 or 6. As it was we lost by 2 and were pushing on at the end. That was partly down to stemming their forward movement.

The formation at the start was too attacking. Two wide midfielders/wingers who cant defend, and a central midfielder in Johnson who didn't look like a natural defender.

At least Fraser knows how to track back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here