Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is The UK Clapped Out Beyond Repair? Should We All Just Pack Up And Leave?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jeez! What a shitty Summer! What a deeply shitty COUNTRY! Floods in the North, bombs in the South. Nothing works anymore. Not the airports, not the trains, not the tubes. Not the weather and not the Child Support Agency. Certainly not Wimbledon. And not the Falmer planning process which has only had NINE f***ing YEARS to think about it. Why does anybody live here anymore? Um, beam me UP Scotty, there's no intelligent life forms here.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The darkest hour is just before dawn.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The darkest hour is just before dawn.

Well, maybe in the normal course of things. But not this week. Oh no. This week, the darkest hour was about 5pm on Tuesday when half a ton of hailstones per square metre tipped down in central London. Bunch of weather arse :rant:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
not the trains, not the tubes.

Ain't that the truth.

Monday PM: Victoria line screwed, missed train, home late
Tuesday PM: London to Brighton line screwed. 1817 cancelled. 1832 started at East Croydon. didn't get home until 9.15
Wednesday PM: Victoria line screwed, missed train, home late
Thursday AM: Victoria line totally f***ed. Half an hour to go 2 stops. 45 mins late for work.
Thursday PM: One of our servers blew up so had to work late, but I'm going to blame the transport industry for that as well anyway

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So things can only get better then.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You seem to be a well travelled man, THPP? ALthough I am sure this is just a good old British grumble and a bit tongue in cheek - we are better than 95% of the worlds countries. We are lucky, lucky and er....lucky.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
You seem to be a well travelled man, THPP? ALthough I am sure this is just a good old British grumble and a bit tongue in cheek - we are better than 95% of the worlds countries. We are lucky, lucky and er....lucky.

That fact CANNOT be true of our transport system which is quite simply SHOCKING.

That goes for roads, rail and tubes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You are absolutely right of course BoF. Just don't seem like we're all THAT lucky sometimes. Yup, mark it down as a good old British grumble :blush:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That fact CANNOT be true of our transport system which is quite simply SHOCKING.

That goes for roads, rail and tubes.

I have only been to something like 10% (probably not even that) of the countries, but in my experience our transport is much better than all the countries I have been to.*

Having said that, it is great fun being stuck in a bus on rocky paths in South America/Africa and Asia dodging flying chickens/meeting witch doctors and road blocks. In England delays are shite, but elsewhere they are an experience.

*The majority have been less developed countries, so that is to be expected.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Jeez! What a shitty Summer! What a deeply shitty COUNTRY! Floods in the North, bombs in the South. Nothing works anymore. Not the airports, not the trains, not the tubes. Not the weather and not the Child Support Agency. Certainly not Wimbledon. And not the Falmer planning process which has only had NINE f***ing YEARS to think about it. Why does anybody live here anymore? Um, beam me UP Scotty, there's no intelligent life forms here.

you forgot the interest rise today?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Ain't that the truth.
Thursday PM: One of our servers blew up so had to work late, but I'm going to blame the transport industry for that as well anyway

Thursday PM: Shit hits the fan at work and have to work late, then a train infront of mine breaks down at Redhill, home at 21:30.
Don't worry, it's not just you

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I went out to my garden this evening to water the plants in the greenhouse, no need to worry about anything else as nature has been doing the job for what seems like an age...decided to check on some bedding plants I had put out on Tuesday evening, don't think I have ever seen so many slugs in one place or so large, plants almost totally gone...it was like looking at a plate of sausages!!!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I hate our climate, I hate our politicans, I have consumerism, I hate capitalism, but this is home and its where I feel comfortable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here