Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the clubs silence on the "El-Abd issue" condoning what he did?

Is the clubs silence on the "El-Abd issue" condoning what he did?

• YES - They should have come out ages ago on this one.

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • NO - they can't be condoning it, just don't feel comment is necessary.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Who cares? So what if a player thinks we are all "w@nkers" and "fu**ing *unts"?

Votes: 26 30.2%

• Total voters

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
Oh gawd, not another McGhee v Wilkins BINFEST pleeeease
Exactly what I was trying to avoid.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Same old same old.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tom Hark said:
The alternatives are to rustle up some more investment from SOMEWHERE. And the manager can pick the same team he picked six months ago that was getting grand results and it just don't matter cos they're just plain KNACKERED now. Not a lot he can do to shuffle the pack really. Still, at least he gee'd them up to somehow reach 52 points which is more than McGhee would have done in a year of Sundays. IMHO, like.

I agree about rustling up investment, but I think it would be impossible to do so without a Yes decision.

I feel that we were bound to have slumps as the young guns are inexperienced and do not know how to bounce back from defeat the way a seasoned pro does. We have been on a bit of a roller coaster ride this season. Where does this investment come from?! A Chairman can't just make it appear. Look how many clubs are heavily in debt. Look at Derby, they are going for broke with debts around £40m, but then they have assets and presumably are relying on a jaunt in the Premiership.

You can't just blame Dick Knight form our current position when we have missed out on over £30m revenue over the last ten years, due to being homeless.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
where's the option for nobody except the parties involved REALLY know what is going on at the moment and perhaps we will all find out in the fullness of time when a full appraisal of the situation has occurred?

I think I would choose that one.

Alternatively I'd go for the 'whole thing has been premeditated and invented by the club and has been planned for weeks to allow El_abd to hit back at those who accuse him of diving. It is so well planned that they even invented the abusing of young players a week in advance to invent a cover story' option.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
ROSM said:
where's the option for nobody except the parties involved REALLY know what is going on at the moment and perhaps we will all find out in the fullness of time when a full appraisal of the situation has occurred?

I think I would choose that one.

Alternatively I'd go for the 'whole thing has been premeditated and invented by the club and has been planned for weeks to allow El_abd to hit back at those who accuse him of diving. It is so well planned that they even invented the abusing of young players a week in advance to invent a cover story' option.

Blimey, can you have poll options that long?
Would anyone read on that long?

Incidentally, are you being serious? "Accusing El-Abd of diving" ?
:lolol: Accusing? In my best JP McEnroe .... You CANNOT be serious!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can,t believe that someone like Martin Perry has yet to say anything about the El Abd situation.

Hell hath no fury like a supporter scorned...!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Icy Gull said:
Mountains/molehills imo

word , i voted no as there was probably a word in his shell like about it , but it really sounds like a rush of blood to the head

i'm more concerned about this abuse from the fans to a couple of players and the counter to that .. this whole swearing nonsense , you just KNOW this will

a/ not make the slightest bit of difference

OR

b/ and i'm more worried that it will be b/

b/ esculate to a stupid scale where people who have paid good money are getting thrown out for a few naughty words like perhaps a misplaced "for f*** sake sort it out Brighton" or a chant for example due to complaints from some fans about having to follow this to the letter of the law

it makes you worry just how far our fanbase has split down the years and i think it's a problem we can't even blame the LDC for (that much..)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Someone swears at a football match, so what. I could not give a monkey's toss what he says, what is of more importance is the poor form and worrying finances.

It's hardly the need for the Spanish Inquisition is it.

El Abd will have had a bollocking from the club hierarchy, in private, as it should be done.

When Guy Butters came on here to try to explain the players' position on the incident one NSC'er told him to "f***.right.off"........and I did not see anyone condemning that particular comment.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap2: put better then i ever could El Pres

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Easy 10 said:
They're not condoning it, they're just hoping it all goes away. All Perry has banged on about is the abuse of Robinson and Cox before the kickoff, which EVERYONE has rightly condemned. But he's completely swerved the El Abd issue, and Wilkins seems to be using the Cox/Robinson thing as justification for El Abds reaction, when the incidents are entirely seperate. Was the whole South Stand abusing players before kickoff ? No. So Why El Abd felt compelled to tell the whole South Stand to go f*** ourselves and call us wankers, only he will know (being as its obviously not worth apologising for it seems).

£413 is it ?

Have any fans issued an oppology for abusing the players? From where I was standing on the running track Adam seemed to be aiming it more at a few individuals as opposed to the whole stand but thats just how I saw it, Fair play to Adam though for having the balls to do what obviously a lot of the squad would like to have done. At least it shows the squad are together even if the fans are'nt.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Tom Hark said:
The blame lies squarely at Dick Knight's door for chucking the youth team into the first team and making them play fifty games on the bounce and basically subjecting them to intolerable pressure when they should be brought along gradually while they learn their trade.

Maybe thats the point we've reached now with our finances? If all we can afford to do is go with is the kids then thats what we go with but I fail to see how abusing them can be the slightest bit constructive?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
To be honest, how many of you have wanted to call some of the numpties in the South Stand on a matchday, "wankers" and "f***ing ****s"?

I know I have. El-Abd just saved me the bother.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Considering NAYLOR talks to a different player every day at the training ground you would have thought he would have tried to nab El Abd to discuss it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
jonny.rainbow said:
To be honest, how many of you have wanted to call some of the numpties in the South Stand on a matchday, "wankers" and "f***ing ****s"?

I know I have. El-Abd just saved me the bother.
Adam el Abd. The HERO of true Brighton fans.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
mendoza10 said:
i think its good, means its dealt with internally, unlike mcghee who did everything in public, pissing off the player involved, the board, the fans and the squad - but did mean andy naylor was happy

Correct.

Thread Closed.

Icy Gull said:
Mountains/molehills imo

Actually, it is the POTs calling the kettle BLACK.

The people who want an apology are the ones who know the anger from Adam was directed at them in particular, for being such WANKERS.

Exactly the right people are up in arms, as should be - the spastics who give the team a ration of shite when they are trying to play football.

That sort DESERVE whatever AeA calls them

Adam el-Abd = ALBION LEGEND :bowdown: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here