Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the anti Adams faction........

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Borne out of loyalty to the memory of Dean Wilkins?

If so why not take a leaf out of Dean '99 times out of ten' White's book, who was firmly a Wilkins man but has managed to move on.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Too simplistic im afraid Harty, some people wont be happy until Adams is gone - the same as some people weren't happy until Wilkins was gone following the sacking of McGhee.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Is there an Anti Adams Faction? More like a pissed off and annoyed militia, who can see we play at times with flair and promise, but are lacking an attacking midfielder.

For my money put in Fraser with Savage. the old dog should teach the young pup an awful lot. Frazer could do the running around with Savage making space around him and the rest of the midfield.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I was gutted when Wilkins left, more the way he left. But I welcomed Adams in with open arms. But Saturday was the first time I blamed the manager for not getting the result we should have got.

All the other times, it was the players or official fault, this time it was Adams. But certainly not anti Adams

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

If so why not take a leaf out of Dean '99 times out of ten' White's book, who was firmly a Wilkins man but has managed to move on.

You don't think that White's ability to 'move on' has anything to do with his (suit)ability to get another job at the level he is now working at then?

I'm not an anti-Adams btw.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I was gutted when Wilkins left, more the way he left. But I welcomed Adams in with open arms. But Saturday was the first time I blamed the manager for not getting the result we should have got.

All the other times, it was the players or official fault, this time it was Adams. But certainly not anti Adams

Same as

Yes life does move on but in our situation as supporters it has gone backwards!!

No home league wins, poor form, poor tactics, poor/dreadful selection etc. etc.

If it were anyone else except Adams there would be a serious anti manager faction. What we have at the moment it mild but when we are out of CC and if still lower league then people will have a right to be upset.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If it were anyone else except Adams there would be a serious anti manager faction.

I never thought of that, but you know what, I think you are spot on. Adams is the saviour in so many peoples eyes, I think people are willing to be partially blinkered saying "he needs more time"

With a quarter of the season gone, he hasnt got much time to change it around if he wants to improve on last seasons tally/position

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I still remain unconvinced in Adams.

Certainly the standard of football (overall) is no better, the constant "have to play Virgo wherever" is beginning to annoy me and the fact that he seems to have lost a bit of his passion as well.

Man City aside

2 out of 5

Must do BETTER. Remember Mr Knight and Adams less than 7th is FAILURE.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

More to the point can (are you able to) throw some light on why White was sent to talk to the radio?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
You don't think that White's ability to 'move on' has anything to do with his (suit)ability to get another job at the level he is now working at then?

spot on - if he was good enough to get a job at another league club, then i am certain he would have stuck by wilkins and resigned out of principle, ala chapman

as it is, he knows that there is only one team in professional football that will employ him, so he sticks with it. and who can blame him. go back to selling television or be assistant manager at a professional football team? i know which one i would pick

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
spot on - if he was good enough to get a job at another league club, then i am certain he would have stuck by wilkins and resigned out of principle, ala chapman

as it is, he knows that there is only one team in professional football that will employ him, so he sticks with it. and who can blame him. go back to selling television or be assistant manager at a professional football team? i know which one i would pick

Which principle is that?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Not me. Mine is borne out of bitterness at the way he left the club, coupled with the fact that I don't rate him all that highly.

I accept that DW had to go, I just feel we could have appointed someone better than Micky Adams.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
In what way was Dean White a Wilkins man?

He's worked under several managers.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I never thought of that, but you know what, I think you are spot on. Adams is the saviour in so many peoples eyes, I think people are willing to be partially blinkered saying "he needs more time"

With a quarter of the season gone, he hasnt got much time to change it around if he wants to improve on last seasons tally/position

Are you being serious? He's been in charge for 9 league games, of course he needs time.

Hasn't got long to turn it around?? Don't be ridiculous, we've got 37 league games left to play, that's absolutely plenty of time. A few wins in this league puts you in or around the play-offs.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not me. Mine is borne out of bitterness at the way he left the club, coupled with the fact that I don't rate him all that highly.

I accept that DW had to go, I just feel we could have appointed someone better than Micky Adams.

Me too apart from the bit about Wilkins having to go like. I won't accept he had to go until somebody tells me WHY.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There isn't an anti-Adams faction.
Exactly. People are pissed off that we haven't managed a home league win yet and there is some grumbling about tactics, positional selections and substitutions; but I don't think that constitutes a 'faction'. Barring the odd childishly impatient nobber I think most people (including me, who was opposed to the managerial change) still reckon Adams is in credit, and anyway the beginning of October is far too early for a 'faction' to start.

BUT .... look at Spurs. They sacked Martin Jol after two consecutive fifth-placed finishes because "he wasn't the man to break us into the top four." That is similar to Knight's comment that Wilkins wasn't the man to lead us to Falmer. When a manager is sacked for non-results reasons the new guy starts with the bar set high. It's pointless, but nevertheless understandable, for people to wonder how we'd be doing if Wilkins was still in charge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here