Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the Amex WONKY ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Whilst it's widely acknowledged by away fans,due to the North & South Ends inherent Western to Eastern slope by design,Falmer is slightly wonky,also people from Brighton may be perceived by others as having wonky traits too.

It could also be said that some of the West's middle tier supports,when viewed from the West lower,give an impression,perhaps due to an optical illusion of being slightly out,or even twisted..

With this in mind however,it can be only expected due to the sheer weight of Harveys laden pie eating WSU'ers,never mind the mention of the sheer expectation up there,coupled with the noise disturbance of occasion.

Rust may be setting in already in our plush new home,developing under the pristine white paint,designed to last 125 years we were told,but did this allow for the salt of the coastal sea air?

Smoke & mirrors,the slight of hand,a good old fashioned camera trick,a stunt aided by the adjustment of a prop,in this case a plastic(no not that type)beer glass one wonders.

hhhmmmmm,given all the evidence at hand and some benefit of the doubt i am drawn to conclude that on this occasion my verdict is,i am inclined to agree with post 2 of this thread.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
1 point and about 2 places in the league also

How amazing, a massive 1 point. Let's see we both are come Tuesday at 11pm, good luck in the Lions den, I think your need it...

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
How amazing, a massive 1 point. Let's see we both are come Tuesday at 11pm, good luck in the Lions den, I think your need it...

So do i, but hey its cool i mean ya half empty stadium with its built in supermarket looks amazing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

we have a good record up there in the last 15 odd games

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Pretty much the only thing you have on us though...

It will be for a while mate, your new stadium is still at the planning stage. Still at least you know it won't have to be sanctioned by the Government, being as it only needs a capacity of 93. Something else we have on your wonderful team that have been mightier than us weeds until now.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Woah, calm down. To the contrary, can you name ONE single thing that you have on us? With the exception of the result on 27/09/11, there is not a single area in which you are now superior.

Our team is better, we smashed you, face it.
Our squad is more in-depth.
Freedman/Poyet, who knows yet, but Doug certainly out witted Gus in the first meeting.
We have a better academy.
More loyal fans.
More vocal fans
More history

You want me to go on?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Freedman/Poyet, who knows yet, but Doug certainly out witted Gus in the first meeting.
We have a better academy.-we will pay £15m for ours,a matter of time
More loyal fans.-open to debate,loyalty never tested at Palace
More vocal fans-we will let you know in January
More history-maybe,but we're looking forward,your only able to look back

You want me to go on?

Edited you post with my reply

You will have done us a favour long term,Palace can take nothing else from us now.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We have a better academy.
More loyal fans.
More vocal fans
More history

You want me to go on?

We have picked up 2 points out of 15 and we are STILL above you :wave:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not sure about it being wonky but the earth moved for me yesterday! There were definitely tremors underfoot in the WSU after the game! Not that many of us knew about it, most had left 5 mins before the end.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
We have picked up 2 points out of 15 and we are STILL above you :wave:

Which suggest's you started off well on the crest of a wave from last season but have now been found out. Come Tuesday I think we will go above you.

Last edited:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Complete Badger..

- Bigger crowds- these will drop soon, the novelty of the Amex and playing in the Championship will wear off. Ours will get bigger as our form is improving. If we get near the play offs we will get 20k+ each home game in 2nd half of the season.
- Better stadium- for a few years
- Superior chairman- give me our board any day over your gambler, ours are real fans who care for the club and are sensible with money.
- Gus v Dougie = no contest-why? Cause Gus has a more exotic name? You underestimate Dougie...
- Both mid-table teams-time will tell, I believe we can make play offs this season, our home form has always been strong under Freedman and we appear to of sorted out the away form.
- More money-I think you have spent the vast amount of your pot this year, doubt it will be similar in the coming years, especially if the crowds drop.
- More potential- no chance. We have AMAZING young talent that will either fire us to the Prem in the next 3 years or we will get huge fees for them to help us build.

Last edited:

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Pretty much the only thing you have on us though...

*looks at league table*

No... there's definitely something else.

EDIT - sorry - everyone else has said this. Oh well, consider my post just nodding in the background.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here