Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Steven Gerrard immune from criticism?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gerrard and Bridge were dire last night. I don't mind Gerrard giving the ball away when trying to make things happen in the final third, but his passing from deep has been shite all season for England. And it is inexcusable at this level.

Oh and Lescott just isn't good enough, IMO.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im GLAD we are not going.

Gives these OVERPAID, OVERPAMPERED, PRIMA DONNAS a kick up the arse that just coz they get £100k a week it does NOT make you a world class player.

It makes you a ****.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Im GLAD we are not going.

Gives these OVERPAID, OVERPAMPERED, PRIMA DONNAS a kick up the arse that just coz they get £100k a week it does NOT make you a world class player.

It makes you a ****.

Spot on, last night was the final nail in the coffin for me with these overrated premiership tosspieces.

We now need someone who actually has the bollocks to drop these over-paid egos, my intial reaction was Mourinho.... but with the media circus that surrounds the team in this country i'm not sure that would be the best choice.

O'Neill or Cappello for me

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Seems to me people are basing Gerrard's performance purely on a mishit pass to Beckham.

He spent most the game tracking back and prevented a 3rd Croatian goal on numerous occasions.

Oh and for the winner, who was the only player attempting to close Petric down, having run half a pitch to get there?

Give you a clue, he's apparently immune from criticism.

IMHO only two England players came out of that debacle last night with any pride and they were Peter Crouch (played his heart out in ridiculous MClown formation and scored a great goal) and David Beckham who displayed his usual quality and pride when wearing the England shirt. Gerard was a total disgrace last night and as the England Captain bears as much responsibility for our dire performance as MClown, after all isn't he meant to be the Managers voice on the pitch ? His passing was so bad he wouldn't have been able to have hit a cows arse with a banjo ! and does anyone remember him having a shot on goal ? Croatia played against us exactly how we should have played against them, they got into us never let the midfield settle on the ball, kept posession well and shot on sight against a rookie keeper on a waterlogged greasy pitch. Bring in Mourinho now with Stuart Pearce as his number two

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'll ask again-do you actually watch football?

And i'll tell you again, yes i do. I was at Wembley last night. And with the exception of a couple of slide tackles, Gerrard did sweet f*** all.

He blatently cares about his club far more than his country

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
And i'll tell you again, yes i do. I was at Wembley last night. And with the exception of a couple of slide tackles, Gerrard did sweet f*** all.

unfortunately i feel that is the case about who he cares more for...

when asked if it was his biggest dissapointment in football... he said it was his biggest dissapointment in international football hence hes been more dissapointed with Liverpool :nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't think Gerard did 'f*** all'. In fact, he did far more than do 'f*** all'.

However, he seems to be a better player when England don't have the ball than when we do (i.e. he is better at closing down, tracking back, tackling etc), which means the other half of his game needs serious improvement.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I don't think Gerard did 'f*** all'. In fact, he did far more than do 'f*** all'.

It wasn't that he did f*** all it was that , apart from the last ditch interception, he did f*** all right

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

However, he seems to be a better player when England don't have the ball than when we do (i.e. he is better at closing down, tracking back, tackling etc), which means the other half of his game needs serious improvement.

For a central midfielder he is shocking at closing down players, the stands off at lets people shoot far too much

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last night showed that England have to go back to basics. They need to have a structure, a formation, a gameplan, a Plan B. They need to be able to keep the ball and pass the ball.

All of the players bar Beckham and Crouch failed to deliver. Nobody's place should be safe.

The new manager needs to identify our strengths and exploit them. Going forward I believe we have 3 particular strengths which any side would have problems containing:

1. How to handle Rooney.
2. The finishing of Michael Owen
3. The aerial threat of Crouch / Heskey.

This points to a a 4-3-1-2 with Rooney roving behind the strikers. Significantly, there would be no role for Lampard or Gerrard.

For me, I'd have Barry wide left, Joe Cole wide right and Hargreaves holding. I'd start with Crouch and Owen.

I'd also ditch Rio in favour of Ledley King.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Last night showed that England have to go back to basics. They need to have a structure, a formation, a gameplan, a Plan B. They need to be able to keep the ball and pass the ball.

All of the players bar Beckham and Crouch failed to deliver. Nobody's place should be safe.

The new manager needs to identify our strengths and exploit them. Going forward I believe we have 3 particular strengths which any side would have problems containing:

1. How to handle Rooney.
2. The finishing of Michael Owen
3. The aerial threat of Crouch / Heskey.

This points to a a 4-3-1-2 with Rooney roving behind the strikers. Significantly, there would be no role for Lampard or Gerrard.

For me, I'd have Barry wide left, Joe Cole wide right and Hargreaves holding. I'd start with Crouch and Owen.

I'd also ditch Rio in favour of Ledley King.
Sounds nice in theory but in reality it leaves you with ONE midfielder.

Also I struggle to comprehend why Ferdinand still gets stick? He is the bets defender we have. Easily.

With people like you claiming he's been shite for 5 or 6 years is it any wonder? Carry on with your personal vendetta against him-I'm sure he won't lose any sleep because you don't like him.

And wasn't he shite today?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
With people like you claiming he's been shite for 5 or 6 years is it any wonder? Carry on with your personal vendetta against him-I'm sure he won't lose any sleep because you don't like him.

And wasn't he shite today?

No of coarse he wasnt shite today ,he was playing for the scousers,what do you expect?.No respect for the twat at all.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Can't believe he had the nerve to celebrate his goal today (fair enough it was good) after his shambolic performance the other night.

Gerrard pissed me off when after the game(England) he said" oh well life goes on" only if u are earning £100K per week!!....scouse wanker

What is he supposed to do? Retire in case he plays well for his club? He's apologised enough times for his part in Wednesday's defeat-including today. If I was in Gerrard's position I'd care more about playing for Liverpool too. Why aren't you people laying into the likes of Joe Cole who skulked off after doing f*** all? Or the defenders who were pathetic? Or Lampard whose only contribution was a penalty.

Oh, I get it now-he's a scouser.:rolleyes:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
What is he supposed to do? Retire in case he plays well for his club? He's apologised enough times for his part in Wednesday's defeat-including today. If I was in Gerrard's position I'd care more about playing for Liverpool too. Why aren't you people laying into the likes of Joe Cole who skulked off after doing f*** all? Or the defenders who were pathetic? Or Lampard whose only contribution was a penalty.

Oh, I get it now-he's a scouser.:rolleyes:

I like Gerrard, but he was pathetic the other night and I mean pathetic, as were nearly all of his England team mates... They all DESERVE the shit they are about to get.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
because of his pathetic Life goes on speech...he was the captain on weds...inspirational my arse...

they were all crap..Crouch included, a bunch of over paid pompus prima donnas who could not give a shit about playing for England.

there would be more pride if the squad was chosen from outside the Premiershite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here