Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Paul Barber rinsing the fans?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We are the most expensive 'day out' in the entire Championship.

For the majority (ST holders) I'd say no; DD payments spread over the year, travel included, 10% off using your smart card....It's only a few of those match day tickets that are making us look really expensive, and I agree they are too high.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are the most expensive 'day out' in the entire Championship.

Well it is for Bigbelly, who recently had to cut down from 5 pies to 4 pies a match.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
For the majority (ST holders) I'd say no; DD payments spread over the year, travel included, 10% off using your smart card....It's only a few of those match day tickets that are making us look really expensive, and I agree they are too high.

Worth a look if you've not already.

costs.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

View attachment 35490

Yes I've seen it, like I said the match day tickets at the Albion are too expensive. However the DD's for ST's, along with travel included, 10% off stuff with smartcard, for a lot of people put us in the middle of the Championship for cost on that table.

Many of those clubs will never sell out their ground and so their cheaper tickets are cheap, and often POTG. That isn't happening here and the match day prices are reflecting that. I took my Mum & Dad along to the M'Boro game, but I doubt they'll come along again for £34 each in a hurry!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

View attachment 35490

Oh my, it's really expensive to go on a match by match basis. Almost like the club are trying to discourage fans from doing it and instead helping them realise that buying a season ticket is better value for them. It's also better for the club to have guaranteed revenue from the season tickets. As pointed out by many on here the tickets equate to £18ish per game which includes travel, either way Barber wasn't involved in setting any prices

If you feel robbed then look at the added extras and that's what makes things cost so much, but we have won awards for having the best pies and the best programmes at a football stadium so to use an old saying "you get what you pay for"

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What has disappointed me is the prices have been hoiked up but the service reduced.

Last season kronenburg was available at the kiosks & so were noodles.This season they are no longer available although they have tried to sell kronenburg at a mobile stand.A half hearted gesture by only allowing 1 member of staff to serve both Harvey's & kronenburg with the kronenburg prooving difficult to pour from a mobile pump.Meaning the member of staff being subjected to abuse from unhappy customers.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What has disappointed me is the prices have been hoiked up but the service reduced.

Last season kronenburg was available at the kiosks & so were noodles.This season they are no longer available although they have tried to sell kronenburg at a mobile stand.A half hearted gesture by only allowing 1 member of staff to serve both Harvey's & kronenburg with the kronenburg prooving difficult to pour from a mobile pump.Meaning the member of staff being subjected to abuse from unhappy customers.

This again is not down to Barber, this is an Azure issue as they run the kiosks and services at the stadium. My own opinion is that they should double staff and in turn double the turnover of sales

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
More likely gus is as he plays five defensive "midfielders" and one up front at home

what?

This.

I have no problem with TB or Barber, or prices.

Just dismay with Gus who has the transfer budget of a big Championship club, and in the last 2 transfer windows failed to land a class striker and also backup for the CM creativity of sicknote Vicente.
That's crap management of the playing side of things.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Without people like Barber we are toast (or, rather, permanent inhabitants of the lower reaches of the Championship at best). The new Sky deal is going to make the gap between Premier Lge and Championship even greater, and the relegated teams are going to have huge funds to throw around (in comparison to their second tier counterparts). Thankfully TB is looking ahead a few years and investing in the future - not just the training facilities, but bringing in the likes of Barber to make sure we can compete with the big(ger) boys. The price of a pie is a red herring!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This.

Just dismay with Gus who has the transfer budget of a big Championship club, and in the last 2 transfer windows failed to land a class striker and also backup for the CM creativity of sicknote Vicente.

The fans have been told several times that we are 14th in the Championship in terms of player budget, so any position above 14th is punching above our weight, so to speak.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I think that if we get to the premier league, the ST prices will go up a large amount and many of us will have to give up out ST's

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This.

Does he? Or did you you just make that up?

Considering we're nowher near breaking even, you may want to stop guessing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here