Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IS NSC representative of Albion fans?

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
I'm actually an AFCB fan, although I live in the Worthing area, and I joined NSC a few weeks back as I thoroughly enjoy coming on here and reading the many varied threads.

It reminds me a bit of the early days of fanzines, when you didn't quite know what to expect, and it always seemed fresh and original.

Compared to most clubs, I think you have a high number of very witty, interesting posters, who like to talk about plenty of other stuff, not just football. That's exactly the way I like it.

In terms of being representative, it probably largely is, although the better writers will always command more attention and wield more influence.

Anyway, carry on the good work NSC !

I'm actually an AFCB fan, although I live in the Worthing area, and I joined NSC a few weeks back as I thoroughly enjoy coming on here and reading the many varied threads.

It reminds me a bit of the early days of fanzines, when you didn't quite know what to expect, and it always seemed fresh and original.

Compared to most clubs, I think you have a high number of very witty, interesting posters, who like to talk about plenty of other stuff, not just football. That's exactly the way I like it.

In terms of being representative, it probably largely is, although the better writers will always command more attention and wield more influence.

Anyway, carry on the good work NSC !

ban him:tosser:

NSC is a great source of information and debate. It also allows people to air points which would not or could not be aired on radio forums.

Yes NSC can sail too close to the wind and it is open to being abused by some posters but all in all we'd miss it if we didn't have it.

Big up to Bozza and the mods.:thumbsup:

I think that pretty much nails it. I wouldn't rely on it as pointer as to how the electorate are thinking but consider it as good a guide to what the fans think short of making them stay behind after a home game to all fill in questionnaires of the age/sex/orientation/race type that seem compulsory with virtually every information gathering exercise :laugh:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Representative? Probably as there is a wide cross section, witness the rich like hb&b and the working class like Atilla. The lefties and righties etc.

But is it a majority view? Certainly not. It the views of about 100 regulars and a few now and then contributors.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd say it was very representative. It may seem obvious, but it is certainly far more representative than it was a decade ago.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
typical groovy gang comment , you don't know many proper BHA do you :lolol:

What is the 'Groovy Gang'? Can anyone join, like the Ruffians, or is it more your 1901 types? To be honest, it's all getting very complicated, you knew where you stood in the old days. Now it's Gully's Gang this, Groovy Gang that, prawn sandwiches, smart cards...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What is the 'Groovy Gang'? Can anyone join, like the Ruffians, or is it more your 1901 types? To be honest, it's all getting very complicated, you knew where you stood in the old days. Now it's Gully's Gang this, Groovy Gang that, prawn sandwiches, smart cards...

Stop BULLYING Das Reich. Your question needs more than a one line answer and we all know that he struggles to put together more than a dozen words followed by a smilie ???

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
representitive suggests it broadly matches the same demographic breakdown as those who are fans and or attend games. you think 100% of people going to games have internet and post on NSC? i dont.

I don't either, but just about all the people posting are Brighton fans, which means that their opinion is valid when it comes to matters concerning the club. There are also enough of them to say that their judgement on a BHA-related matter would broadly match the entire fanbase. I don't know what difference possession of a computer makes to an opinion - are you saying that those that don't have one think differently to those that do?

not really sure what you are on about, who mentioned a poll? to click on a poll you have to be online, on NSC, registered and interested enough to vote. yes, i think random sampling on the Bright highstreets might be more accurate.

It's not like an election poll, where every adult you interview (assuming they were entitled to vote) would be able to give an opinion. You'd spend a lot of time talking to those that aren't Albion fans - and maybe some that would deliberately mislead in order to get their point over. I could hardly think of anything less representative.

Jan 30, 2008

lifes only as complicated as you want to make it , that's why i like to get straight to the point, no pussy footing political correctness for me :thumbsup:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I think it is fairly representative. A spread of posters. Obviously there will be a bais towards younger fans which will skew the numbers slightly but on the whole it seems to have every kind of fan from expats, to young teens, to older fans, adults, family men, women, etc etc.

You forgot Perverts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here