Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is no statue safe?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I've solved it.

Replace all statues in the UK with the one outside Southampton's ground.

We can all enjoy that one.

Edit: Having re-looked at it he may be a Nazi!

sdfsdf.JPG

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Denmark, Sweden, Spain, France and the Netherlands all banned slavery before we passed the Abolition Act.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-slavery/chronology-who-banned-slavery-when-idUSL1561464920070322

This maybe so, but Britain was proactive in stopping it according to your link.

1792 - Denmark bans import of slaves to its West Indies colonies, although the law only took effect from 1803.

1807 - Britain passes Abolition of the Slave Trade Act, outlawing British Atlantic slave trade.

1811 - Spain abolishes slavery, including in its colonies, though Cuba rejects ban and continues to deal in slaves.

1813 - Sweden bans slave trading

1814 - Netherlands bans slave trading

1819 - Britain places a naval squadron off the West African coast to enforce the ban on slave trading

Britain was also the last country to be involved in slavery and I didn't notice any other country committing their naval forces in this timeline.

We didn't turn up on the shores of Africa chasing the indigenous people with nets. Have you heard of the Zanzibar slave market?

We should all be aware of the complete history of the African slave trade and how it was enabled, not just Britain's part in it because it also carried on long after in many other countries.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
The current and ex serviceman protecting the war memorial by the old Steine today had loads of abuse hurled at them today. Fair play to a BLM guy to move on his group.

Many are jumping on this BLM March to cause trouble and destruction.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ted Bates

'The statue cost approximately £112,000 half of which was raised by fans via the Ted Bates Trust and the other half met by Southampton Football Club.'

Just looked it up. Appears a wise choice was made to create another one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The current and ex serviceman protecting the war memorial by the old Steine today had loads of abuse hurled at them today. Fair play to a BLM guy to move on his group.

Good evening Neville Chamberlain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008

Neo Marxist's employed by George sorros ?,
Fair play to those at the old Steine doing their bit
Regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's been a great day for ex serviceman and fellow Patriots
Regards
DF

Some servicemen and patriots here doing their civic duty by harassing a picnic. No doubt full of people plotting how they were going to bring down the Churchill statue.

[TWEET]1271837543395397632[/TWEET]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really anyone who isn't a Nazi thug on here should be angry about this. We're all football supporters, we're all tarred with this brush by association.

Indeed. Just as black people are tarred by the hairy-arse end of the 'official' organisation called 'BLM' as opposed to the wider population (which includes white people like me) who agree with the notion of BLM. And, crikey, I haven't even been n a march.

Now, can anyone post pictures of the peaceful element of the 'footy lads' ring of steel, the equivalent of the larger peaceful lot of BLM marchers? I'm sure they must exist. They can't all be lary lardy thugs, surel? I await confirmatory replies with pictures. For balance.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I've heard Mesut Özil is demanding to be boarded up for Saturday.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
What on Earth makes you think the "protectors" of the statue have thought bout it even remotely beyond "let's go kick some lefties heads in"?

Well. That chap is in for an interesting performance review.

"Dave, let's move on to your statue protection plans. Some would say while under 2 metre safe distancing lockdown measures, having rings of protectors around each statue looking menacing while keeping quiet to maintain moral high ground would have been appropriate. On that basis, why did you instruct the protectors to throw things at the police, adopt a football chant and generally misbehave?"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, they were chanting: "We're racists".

PS how's your chart?

Racist and proud. Scum.

My chart was updated today but I haven't posted it yet.:thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ted Bates

'The statue cost approximately £112,000 half of which was raised by fans via the Ted Bates Trust and the other half met by Southampton Football Club.'

You could have had a proper job done for another £20.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here