Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Murray going to thrive under MA?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
He Will Be As Average As He Always Was In My Opinion. I Think We Might Get Four Or Five Goals Out Of Him Before Adams Ships Him Out In The January Window.

It Really Is A Pity That The Board Dithered About Bringing In The New Manager. I Really Do Think Adams Would Have Turned Nathan Elder Into The Class Act I Always Knew He Was, Instead Of Wasting Money On Crappy Overrated Rochdale Players. Too Late Now Though.

Anyone else find that really difficult to read?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dixon will need to raise his game.

Dixon's got no chance. Might as well fix himself up with another club before the new season. Lewes maybe? Same goes for Loft and Gatting. None of them can hack it in League One. Gatting barely hacked it at Woking FFS. None of the three should be let anywhere near the first team of a club that's now supposedly serious about aiming for the Championship. Just won't do.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dixon's got no chance. Might as well fix himself up with another club before the new season. Lewes maybe? Same goes for Loft and Gatting. None of them can hack it in League One. Gatting barely hacked it at Woking FFS. None of the three should be let anywhere near the first team of a club that's now supposedly serious about aiming for the Championship. Just won't do.

I agree 100%.
To quote the Surrey Comet reporting on a Woking game, 'The ineffective pedestrian Gatting ' was substituted.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I still think much of Murray's perceived laziness is more about his body language ( Chris Waddle springs to mind ) than anything else.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I still think much of Murray's perceived laziness is more about his body language ( Chris Waddle springs to mind ) than anything else.

I reckon the Murray-Adams relationship will be one of the most fascinating aspects of next season.

Like the Albion fans, Adams will either rate him or slate him.

Personally I'd expect Murray to be gone in January. He'll either knock in so many goals (maybe even non-consolation goals when the game is already lost) or the manager will decide earlydoors he can't stick the player. I suspect the latter.

Unless of course the rumours are true and the player CAN'T settle down here. In which case he'll be gone by the Summer.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I reckon the Murray-Adams relationship will be one of the most fascinating aspects of next season.

Like the Albion fans, Adams will either rate him or slate him.

Personally I'd expect Murray to be gone in January. He'll either knock in so many goals (maybe even non-consolation goals when the game is already lost) or the manager will decide earlydoors he can't stick the player. I suspect the latter.

Unless of course the rumours are true and the player CAN'T settle down here. In which case he'll be gone by the Summer.

I hadn't heard the rumours that he can't settle down here. That'll certainly be a key factor on his future with us, but as you say, whether Adams rates him or slates him will be fascinating to see.

I just think Murrays record with us has been impressive, considering he stepped up a division. And I'd like him to stay as I think he's more than capable of scoring over 20 goals a season for us.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I hadn't heard the rumours that he can't settle down here. That'll certainly be a key factor on his future with us, but as you say, whether Adams rates him or slates him will be fascinating to see.

I just think Murrays record with us has been impressive, considering he stepped up a division. And I'd like him to stay as I think he's more than capable of scoring over 20 goals a season for us.

Think what will be telling is that under Adams we won't go out at Withdean on the back foot and let the most mediocre of teams go one nil up against us within fifteen minutes. Truth is that under Wilkins we were usually chasing a game in the second half and that was when Murray would pop up with a consolation goal, when the game was already lost. So nobody really cared about his goals very much. It was always a late nod-in when we were 2-0 down. Hardly Murray's fault, for sure, but last season his goals barely counted for anything.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Think what will be telling is that under Adams we won't go out at Withdean on the back foot and let the most mediocre of teams go one nil up against us within fifteen minutes. Truth is that under Wilkins we were usually chasing a game in the second half and that was when Murray would pop up with a consolation goal, when the game was already lost. So nobody really cared about his goals very much. It was always a late nod-in when we were 2-0 down. Hardly Murray's fault, for sure, but last season his goals barely counted for anything.

Murray got 9 goals and the only one that I remember being a consolation goal was the one against Port Vale.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Absolute rubbish

of the 9 goals;

2 v Crewe in 3-0 WIN
1 v Cheltenham 2-1 WIN
1 v Oldham 1-0 WIN
1 v Walsall 2-1 WIN
1 v Port Vale 2-3 LOSS
1 v Luton 2-1 WIN
1 v Hartlepool 2-1 WIN
1 v Bristol Rovers 2-0 WIN

That's quite a fact, Hope McLeod can deliver a bucket full of crosses for him to get onto next year as i can see 30+ goals from Murray if the delivery is good:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I agree as I really don't think he is your typical Adams player. What amazes me is how many fans at matches slag Murray off for not trying. If he is unsettled already, as rumoured, then a combination of moaning fans and a possible run in over style with Adams could easily result in it all going wrong for him.

I really hope he thrives under MA as I believe he is potentially one of the most exciting forwards we've had here for years but play will have to be built around playing to his strengths, but will MA be willing to do that? He did it with Zamora who also has a laconic style but did his fair share of harrying, something that I think Adams expects all his players to do with the possible exception of Brooker.

I'm unconvinced that he will do as well with MA as manager as he would have done with DW, hope I'm wrong.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We'll see how good he is this season, it has been ages since we had wingers.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Murray and Forster is probably the best striking partnership we have had since Small and Byrne in 1990 (Zamora probably the best striker but he never had a good partner).
Unbelievable that so many can't wait to see the back of him. The longer we keep him the better off Albion will be. He probably isn't settled yet, he's only been in town less than 6 months. Give him a break. I only hope he doesn't subscribe to NSC or the Argus as he will hot foot it back up north!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He isn't lazy. My complaint would be his goals to chances ratio but his goal record speaks for itself.
Better midfield = more chances for strikers = more goals = finish higher.

Not rocket

he is lazy forster done all his running last season people would not be saying he is lazy unless there was a hint of lazyness i also said i want him to do well im not slagin him off that bad just tellin the truth

Speaking of lazy-try using regular English FFS! Have you not heard of punctuation?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
IMHO Murray and Forster will each be near the 20 goal mark next season which augers well for promotion if the midfield/defenders can get another 20 between them.

A bit like this season then. In fact, with both of them, you can't get nearer the 20-goal mark without actually achieving the 20-goal mark. They both scored 19 last season.

I think we need a 55-60 goal haul between them next season to get promotion, (although 20 goals each in the LEAGUE would certainly help) seeing as goals from the others are a bit thin on the ground.

The person that springs to mind when talking about Glen Murray is Andy Cole. i.e. he needs seven chances to score one. He did miss not just an awful lot of chances, but an awful lot of what he would consider fairly easy chances. Once he nails that, we're motoring. Better service always helps, mind.

I rate him, rather than get irate about him. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here