Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Murray going to thrive under MA?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i can't believe anyone can question the quality of glenn murray ! !

create chances and he will score, he thrives on decent crosses and with the right wide men he will score 20+ goals.ok he may miss a few but that does'nt seem to bother him when the next chance comes along

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I am a BIG admirer of Murray, but one criticism I would have is that sometimes I feel he tries to be a bit too cute, taking it round the keeper. Seem to remember we suffered from that at home to Orient. Would be great if he showed even greater ruthlesness.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
? Lets get rid of quality and employ some headless chicken to run around because Ice Gull doesn't appreciate skill. God help us.

Did I say that? Comprehension not your strong point eh?

Slag me off all you like but at least get your facts right about what you are disagreeing with me about.

Last edited:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
He LOOKS lazy but from what i have seen his positioning is second to none.

With better service of ball from two decent wingers we could be looking at 30 goals a season as his heading ability is superb as well

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
there is no doubt that murray is lazy and he does need to step it up. and i hope he does because we all no that micky adams loves his players to play with passion and work for each other. im not the biggest fan of murray but i still want him to do well for us there will be a new signing soon he will bring in a big striker to keep murray on his toes :yahoo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO Murray and Forster will each be near the 20 goal mark next season which augers well for promotion if the midfield/defenders can get another 20 between them.

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
Well, I think there is some doubt judging by the comments on this thread actually.
he is lazy forster done all his running last season people would not be saying he is lazy unless there was a hint of lazyness i also said i want him to do well im not slagin him off that bad just tellin the truth

Murray is not lazy. He did brilliantly for us last season and hit the ground running as he joined the club. He's good at winning the ball, holding onto posession and linking with Forster. If any criticism is to be levelled at him it is that he missed a couple of sitters, but he'll be as hard on himself about that as anyone else, so people should get off his back.

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
Murray is not lazy. He did brilliantly for us last season and hit the ground running as he joined the club. He's good at winning the ball, holding onto posession and linking with Forster. If any criticism is to be levelled at him it is that he missed a couple of sitters, but he'll be as hard on himself about that as anyone else, so people should get off his back.

we will see what happens under micky he is lazy but he will start to work harder because micky will not stand for anything else and your right about the sitters as well but even the best miss easy chances he tried to do a bit to much when he got in the right positions cut in cut out cut in again hopefully that will change next season and he will shoot as soon as he gets the chance :thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I wouldn't listen to fenech1elphick1, he thinks Revell is better than Murray...

NUFF' SAID.

Last edited:

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
He Will Be As Average As He Always Was In My Opinion. I Think We Might Get Four Or Five Goals Out Of Him Before Adams Ships Him Out In The January Window.

It Really Is A Pity That The Board Dithered About Bringing In The New Manager. I Really Do Think Adams Would Have Turned Nathan Elder Into The Class Act I Always Knew He Was, Instead Of Wasting Money On Crappy Overrated Rochdale Players. Too Late Now Though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here