Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Murray going to thrive under MA?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He does have a lackadaisical style but will his obvious attributes be enough in an Adams team where graft is the 1st thing required? Some accuse him of being lazy because he doesn't track back and hustle players and isn't really a forward who will chase every ball.

Can you see MA wanting to cash in on him, if we can get a good price and bring in a more energetic forward or will he be the man who spearheads our team next season, taking the pressure of Forster?

I will be well pissed off if we decide to shift him on and bring in a more skillfull version of Revell

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sod lazyness.

If the new bloke can cross a ball Murray will score goals. LOTS of goals.
Cox upped his delivery at the end of last season and we saw the benefit - Murray headers.
:)

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I would imagine Murray will be putting in more of a work-load now. I think Adams will put up with his "lazyness", though, as their is no substitute for skill.

Is he any 'lazier' (not that he actually is, but I suppose you people are talking about his manner of playing) than Zamora?

Would MA "put up with" Berbatov, or would he harry the bloke out of the club despite being in the right place all the time, making and scoring goals?

Well then. :glare:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
When did it become the accepted wisdom that Murray is a lazy player?

I don't agree - I think he tracks back more than you think and creates a lot of space for others. Far from lazy - will thrive under MA with other players getting the ball to him quickly.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
looks lazy but certainly isn't and Adams will appreciate his goals and off ball contributions to the full

1066gull

Murray's skills and trickery are sublime. By far the best player I have seen play in the stripes so far.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I think MA could be the making of Murray in this division.

I think DW very nearly caused the 'unmaking' of Murray.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I bloody well hope so, his performance at the French Open was shite again.

:tosser::tosser::tosser:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Murray scored 9 goals in 20 starts for us last season. That's not far short of one every other game. He had to come straight into the team. This season he has pre-season with the rest of the squad. He could be on course for 20-25 goals. During the whole of his career he has managed nearly a goal every other game.

Sounds like MA should just be telling him to carry on doing what he's good at.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't believe some people are complaining about a record of virtually a goal every other game. Also, to say that graft is MA number one priority is moronic. Yes, he wants players to work hard but put that ahead of skill and goals then how much lower will the withdean crowds fall? Lets get rid of quality and employ some headless chicken to run around because Ice Gull doesn't appreciate skill. God help us.

Personally, I think that MA has a bit more football intelligence that Ice Gull. In fact, I think my 4 year old has more football intelligence than Ice Gull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here