Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Keir really credible?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I will as, by then, the chances are that he will be facing a more credible opposition than individuals the current Government offers. Johnson won a GE so hardly bogus, the other two, yes.
In the meanwhile, if you want to cast doubt on Starmer's credibility try posting exampled of his complete economic incompetence, his long history of lying in parliament and to his family, his breaking of UK laws, his constantly changing views, his ignoring International Law, his lying about borders in the Irish Sea, his lying about introducing British import controls, his and his family's avoidance of UK tax, his taking of backhanders etc etc etc

Hope this helps (y)

It's just that keeping on that he isn't very 'charismatic' just looks a bit ........ well .......... desperate :lolol:

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I will as, by then, the chances are that he will be facing a more credible opposition than individuals the current Government offers. Johnson won a GE so hardly bogus, the other two, yes.
so for legitimacey; the toryboy only has to win one election, and self-made starmer, two. hmmmmmm 🤔

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
In the meanwhile, if you want to cast doubt on Starmer's credibility try posting exampled of his complete economic incompetence, his long history of lying in parliament and to his family, his breaking of UK laws, his constantly changing views, his ignoring International Law, his lying about borders in the Irish Sea, his lying about introducing British import controls, his and his family's avoidance of UK tax, his taking of backhanders etc etc etc

Hope this helps (y)
don't forget about the queen! did he lie to the queen!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

And, just for completeness

However, Mr Starmer is wrong about this. We found that he has suggested the UK should remain in the European Medicines Agency (EMA) on at least two occasions, when he was shadow Brexit minister.

journalists have reported receiving a statement from Mr Starmer's spokesperson which agrees that he made a mistake.

https://fullfact.org/health/keir-starmer-european-medicines-agency/

And even then, Johnson couldn't resist lying and claiming it was four times :lolol:

borat

Jul 16, 2003
They are both dishonest and untrustworthy (as are most politicians). Boris lies so much he forgets what he has lied about (in a Trumpian sort of way) while Starmer says whatever he needs to get power with no obvious beliefs. When he got elected to the Labour Party he made 10 pledges which helped him get elected. Hes now gone on to either renounce or conveniently forget those pledges.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why – apart from ego – would anyone want to be Prime Minister? Here, even before he's even got the job (which isn't even a given), Starmer is being written off by people who sound like they know better and/or would vote for the other 'side', just because. It all just boils down to a load of point-scoring, counter arguments and people who are not willing or able to change their minds.

I said ages ago that when (I'm assuming it will happen at some point) Labour is in power, they will find just as much hate, anger and bile directed its way – probably more – as the Tory party does now. No leader is going to unite the country – they can't even unite their own parties, so what hope have they got?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A pollster (JL Partners?) was interviewed on the BBC news and stated that many focus groups that they have remain unconvinced about SKS, which seems to give more weight to the winning by default argument. He said that if some green shoots started appearing in the economy early next year, an election then would be a lot closer than the polls suggest at the moment.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
They are both dishonest and untrustworthy (as are most politicians). Boris lies so much he forgets what he has lied about (in a Trumpian sort of way) while Starmer says whatever he needs to get power with no obvious beliefs. When he got elected to the Labour Party he made 10 pledges which helped him get elected. Hes now gone on to either renounce or conveniently forget those pledges.
I've just googled those 10 pledges.

Which ones has he publicly backed down from?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Indeed, they're all the same. Self-serving self-aggrandisers.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I voted for Starmer as leader in large part because he made the commitment to keeping (widely popular) core policies.
I definitely feel let down by the breaking of that promise. I will still vote Labour, given alternatives, but I am not particularly enthused to get out and campaign now. And there will be a lot of people, especially younger people (which I am not) feeling the same way.
I don't really know what Starmer stands for to be honest, apart from being an apparently decent chap with a very solid professional background. And nice hair. If there was no need for substantial change and all that was needed is good mangement of the status quo, then fine. But that isnt where we are. We will need a government that is proactive and has a long term vision for how we prepare for what looks like a very challenging future. The tactic seems to be wait to win by default. As weak as that position is, it would probably have worked against Johnson, and definitely against Truss.
Against Sunak? With two years in hand? I am not so sure. With a fair amount of luck, a following wind and the full force of Capital, and the right wing press, behind him, I fear Suank could really strengthen (he's no fool). Starmer and co's lack of any obvious vision may come back to bite them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This gives me hope that he offers an alternative to these career politicians that seem so out of touch and incompetent.

Those that criticise him for sitting on the fence don't understand that currently this offers him the best opportunity to be elected.
So he's not a career politician but he sits on the fence because it would be the best thing for his career?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
A pollster (JL Partners?) was interviewed on the BBC news and stated that many focus groups that they have remain unconvinced about SKS, which seems to give more weight to the winning by default argument. He said that if some green shoots started appearing in the economy early next year, an election then would be a lot closer than the polls suggest at the moment.
green, economic shoots won't appear til putin goes and the gas price drops, and/or we rejoin the customs union and single market. sunak will get no help from the economy

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I voted for Starmer as leader in large part because he made the commitment to keeping (widely popular) core policies.
I definitely feel let down by the breaking of that promise. I will still vote Labour, given alternatives, but I am not particularly enthused to get out and campaign now. And there will be a lot of people, especially younger people (which I am not) feeling the same way.
I don't really know what Starmer stands for to be honest, apart from being an apparently decent chap with a very solid professional background. And nice hair. If there was no need for substantial change and all that was needed is good mangement of the status quo, then fine. But that isnt where we are. We will need a government that is proactive and has a long term vision for how we prepare for what looks like a very challenging future. The tactic seems to be wait to win by default. As weak as that position is, it would probably have worked against Johnson, and definitely against Truss.
Against Sunak? With two years in hand? I am not so sure. With a fair amount of luck, a following wind and the full force of Capital, and the right wing press, behind him, I fear Suank could really strengthen (he's no fool). Starmer and co's lack of any obvious vision may come back to bite them.
You sure you're not living in a bubble? When Starmer became leader, Labour were polling around 30%; they're now polling at over 50% with every polling company. He's definitely doing something right.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
green, economic shoots won't appear til Putin goes and the gas price drops, and/or we rejoin the customs union and single market. Sunak will get no help from the economy
Are you suggesting that should he make progress then he's doing it against the odds?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I got the impression from the original post that he had specifically backtracked on all the points of his 10 pledges which would be weird as some of them were as follows:

Increase top rate of tax - I'm sure that is still their policy so that hasn't been scrapped.
Climate Justice - Heard him on LBC this morning about the target date for 0 and renewable energy so I'm not sure he's ditched that
Promote Peace and Human Rights - So he wants wars and a lack of human rights now?
Equality - He's scrapped that?

Genuine question, am I looking at the wrong 10 pledges?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think he appears to be sitting on the fence because he's trying to do the best thing for the most people.

unlike the vast majority of them.

Given he's already got/had a far better career you do wonder why, he could be enjoying a comfortable quiet life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here