Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Johnny Dixon going to play this season?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
But how do you KNOW that?

I'm not saying you're wrong. You might be spot on. I just don't think you can criticise a player in so much detail when he's probably only played about a couple of hundred minutes of football for us.

Fair enough, but against Luton, who were a very poor outfit, his touched looked slacked and he caused them no problems. I think the comments that have come with him from Aldershot say a lot aswell.

Joel Grant ( The pacey Crewe winger ) came from Aldershot, I'd of much rather had him for 55k, but I'm not sure how much Crewe paid for him.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Did Barry Lloyd find and recommend him?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I thought he looked fine - modelling Godawful chunky knitwear.

:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I suppose that if we are committed to reserve team fixture it is inevitable that we will have to have players like Dixon - if only to make up the numbers for the reserve team.

That is exactly why quite a few championship clubs have now pulled out of the reserve team leagues and just organise reserve team friendly matches when they are needed. It also enables them to send out more players on loan, because they don't have to hold players back to make the reserve team fixtures.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I personally feel, although we've seen him in a couple of games, I still think he should be given another chance before writing him off completely.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I think if Micky was going to do that it should have been the Barnet game then

Perhaps, but like the poster underneath said, maybe he wasn't fit enough.

Also, I don't think you can judge based on that, Adams put out our strongest side against Barnet, not even giving Lynch or Hart a run out in the second half.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Perhaps, but like the poster underneath said, maybe he wasn't fit enough.

Also, I don't think you can judge based on that, Adams put out our strongest side against Barnet, not even giving Lynch or Hart a run out in the second half.

Both true but why not try Dixon et al when we were 4-0 up at half time?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Exactly!! the hard work was done by half-time so why not try something different?

I think I mis-read your first post. I thought you meant, you don't think Adams thinks he's any good otherwise he would of put him on at the Barnet game. So I said he didn't put on a couple of other players so you can't measure what Adams thinks of him based on not putting him on. Does that make sense?

:shrug:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I think I mis-read your first post. I thought you meant, you don't think Adams thinks he's any good otherwise he would of put him on at the Barnet game. So I said he didn't put on a couple of other players so you can't measure what Adams thinks of him based on not putting him on. Does that make sense?

:shrug:

:lolol: Yes it makes sense. Can't understand why he didn't try something at 4-0 up though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here