Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Jamie Oliver a mug or a Good Guy?

DanSeagull

Jun 10, 2009
Been watching that Jamie in America thing and m seriously indecided as to how i feel?

What does everyone else think?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seems like a decent bloke who doesn't take himself too seriously. You can't fault his efforts to help young people and his work with schools. Gets slagged off unfairly I think.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
genuine legend, if there were more "celebreties" like him around using their wealth / fame to improve peoples (and more importantly kids) lives like he's done, not to mention the whole getting blokes into cooking thing back when he started out on tv then the world would be a better place, period. I know he can be irritating and a tad holier than thou but frankly he gets a lot of leeway from me.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
He is a man who loves food and sees the importance, pleasure and benefit that a decent diet can have on humans...a view that I share completely...in my opinion he is an absolute top bloke.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Actually a really nice bloke who loves his proffesion. Always was available for signings and a chat with fans, even to the point of telling his PR bird to 'wait a bit' when another fan wanted a book or signature etc.

He's changed a generation of kids eating habits hasn't he ? :shrug:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think he's gone through the phase of everyone slagging him off and calling him a fat tongued mockney twat. Most people now seem to realise that he actually is a decent normal guy who loves what he does and tries to use some of that to help educate others.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems an alright guy to me. I'd love to do what he does, swan around the world eating.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Top Geezer, although Jamies in Brighton is too cluttered and the service is rushed and is not the place to take the little lady out for a nice private meal a pleasure (The food is good)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Heart is in the right place, and his work to get kids eating healthily and lower-income families cooking properly are laudable.

Though for me he'll never quite shake off that whole mockney pukka Ocean Colour Scene Britpop jubbly bish bosh scooter Toploader mates thing. Though he was a product of that era and no doubt 'styled' into it a bit, it really got on my tits.

And his tongue is, quite simply, far too big for his mouth.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I used to think he was a bit of a cock but after watching that program where he was in California with all the Mexicans and whatnot i'm confused about what i think of him..
The part where he was given the "hallucinogens" had me in stitches. Clearly a setup but funny nonetheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here