Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it too easy to be offended in this country?

Is it too easy to be offended in this country?

• Yes

Votes: 35 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Is it too easy to be offended in this country? I vote yes.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
1918.jpg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't understand, how does what country affect your ability to be offended?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Different countries have varying degrees of political correctness. We are probably the most PC country in the world and so there is more to be offended about!

On that basis, which I agree, it slows the ability to progress as people are too worried about airing their true feeling on things such as immigration, sexism in the workplace, religion etc.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A lot of people are itching to be offended at any given opportunity. I can't recall the last time anyone said anything that offended me, a lot of things annoy me but very few things offend me.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Different countries have varying degrees of political correctness. We are probably the most PC country in the world and so there is more to be offended about!

But that's got nothing to do with being offended. The laws of the countrycan't really affect whether someone feels offended or not?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I find it very easy to offend the french in France mainly because I enjoy talking to them in English with a french accent.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Sorry
I don't understand, how does what country YOU'RE IN affect your ability to be offended?

Different cultures have different standards. Attitudes to certain things evolve over time, where you are in the world definitely has a bearing on this topic.

I think what the OP means is that in modern Britain people tend to get offended about stuff more easily than say, 30 years ago.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Different cultures have different standards. Attitudes to certain things evolve over time, where you are in the world definitely has a bearing on this topic.

I think what the OP means is that in modern Britain people tend to get offended about stuff more easily than say, 30 years ago.

Correct William. I am tired of having to mind what I say all the time. People are too precious in Britain.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's people getting offended on other peoples behalf that really grinds my gears.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here