Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to rename the West and East Stands?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
TB was asked this at Bristol FF. Said it has been considered, but heis not in favour as names can 'date' over time, and if you have named all your stands and an even better candidate comes along, what do you do. Never say never, he said, but not on cards presently. Sort of end of...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does it matter?, we all know what he meant.

Yes, and what a lot of needlessly snotty and pissy replies on the first couple of pages. There really is no need for it. I like the suggestion. All the big clubs have named their stands after a luminary. Even the Nigels have their Arthur Mullard stand, or somesuch.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What are you having?

Me:

Ham, cheese and salad cream sarnies.
Salt and Vinegar square crisps.
Slice of Gala Pie
Wagon Wheel
Apple

Mature cheddar, sliced red pepper, sliced red grapes, salad cream and rocket. The sandwich of NO return!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Something alliterative - Ermintrude the East Stand and Wilberforce the West Stand.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Yes, and what a lot of needlessly snotty and pissy replies on the first couple of pages. There really is no need for it. I like the suggestion. All the big clubs have named their stands after a luminary. Even the Nigels have their Arthur Mullard stand, or somesuch.

Thanks Harry .As the author of this thread, I am less than happy that what I deemed a sensible question has turn into something less so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here