Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to rename the West and East Stands?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thought we already had gone down that route, hence we play at the Amex rather then Falmer!

I sometimes get the impression that if something or someone stands still for long enough at the Amex, Paul Barber will try and attach a sponsorship logo to it, to try and make money!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes it does.

There is too much dumbing down and acceptance of inaccuracies.

People still call it the 1st Division too, do you correct them as well?

They changed it to the PL in what 2007? I couldn't give a **** what they want it to be called or indeed what people choose to call it to be honest.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I once wrote a piece for the late, much missed TSLR, arguing that Mike Bamber should have a stand or at least a bar named after him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well, when Falmer was still at the planning stage, and before Amex got involved, there was talk of our new home being called the Tony Bloom, or Dick Knight Stadium.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I believe the Amex needs an uplift in time for our journey into the Premiership. I would think Tony Bloom is too much of a shrinking violet to have the West Stand renamed after himself.If not Tony, maybe former directors,managers,players or local landmarks. How about The Goldstone Stand or The Martin Perry Stand in honour of his long standing work in acquiring the Amex Stadium?
Please don't go down the lines of a sponsored stand though.I can see Paul Barber licking his lips at the very thought.I know it will require a considerable outlay to change signage inside and out on concourses but would be swallowed up by our Premiership windfall.
Let's hear if you think this is a good idea or your names please?

How about you don't count your chickens mate., can't stand it when people tempt fate !

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Perhaps we could compromise and have the current stand names with a company that must have that stand in their name. I'll start.
The North Face Stand.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Well, when Falmer was still at the planning stage, and before Amex got involved, there was talk of our new home being called the Tony Bloom, or Dick Knight Stadium.

I think the DICK ARENA would have worked.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reckon we'll never call it anything other than THE AMEX now, no matter who the future sponsors are.
I'd change. It's not like it's the Goldstone or something meaningful, so if AE stopped paying, I'd call it the new sponsors name (within reason). And if we didn't, new sponsors would give up paying for the right after a while, meaning the club would lose out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unless one takes the money making sponsorship route, (which I sincerely hope doesn't happen)
Good point, clearly the last thing the club needs is an extra revenue stream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here