Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to 'pull up the drawbridge'?

Should we stop new registrations on NSC?

• Yep - keep 'em out

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • No - we should continue to welcome the noobs and JCLs.

Votes: 112 78.3%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've noticed a few newbie / JCLs crawling out of the woodwork recently. Over the coming months, that trend is likely to continue.

Before we know it, NSC could be awash with unfamiliar names spouting all manner of crap. (Note: all manner of crap from familiar names is expected)

Is is time to turn off the registration function of NSC, and keep things how they are?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Yep. I was at Hereford. Newbies out!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Definitely. Good decision.

Best decision since you shut down the board to allow everyone to concentrate on the iPad 2 announcement, and at no additional cost to NSC users.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the more the merrier - most will only stay for a short time anyway and a few will attract instant and lengthy bans

most of what's left will probably improve the place and there are always old-stagers dropping out

come to think of it, why do people who have been on here for years with umpteen thousand posts suddenly do one?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Should I have saved my Shrewsbury JPT ticket stub?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
A bullshit rumour about a player WAY out of our league by any other name would smell as sweet.

bring them in , should make for a right "I'm a better fan then you" BINFEST from some people :p

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd actually go a bit further and cull a good 500 off now, on a last one in, first one out basis.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
no- turning off the registration feature would be shutting out genuine fans with an interest in the football club and stop them from joining. maybe use the verification system abit bozza?

You mean have a quiz of 20 tricky questions about the Albion? Questions where Google will not source you the correct answers? A quiz where if you get 1 wrong you're sent off to join the Crystal Palace forum thing?

I like that idea.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Charge 'em an entrance fee.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Pretty sure this is just a joke but I'll bite anyway.

Everything I hate about NSC will be summarised in one move if you lot do that, I can't stand the middle aged tossers on here spouting about how much more of a 'fan' they are because they were born first. How someone with a decent post count or a 'regular' can post worse content than I would, and I'd get banned for less. I'm not going to go on, but yea, like the above user said, if it did happen, I'd leave :)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
You mean have a quiz of 20 tricky questions about the Albion? Questions where Google will not source you the correct answers? A quiz where if you get 1 wrong you're sent off to join the Crystal Palace forum thing?

I like that idea.

- what does C.J.T.C stand for
- which celebrity famously visited Withdean in 2006
- what is the name of the most popular artwork found on NSC
- which food would you associate with Kev The Ape
- when is a cheese roll not a cheese roll
- percentage wise, how drunk was Strike when he came back from the NSC meat up

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Pretty sure this is just a joke but I'll bite anyway.

Everything I hate about NSC will be summarised in one move if you lot do that, I can't stand the middle aged tossers on here spouting about how much more of a 'fan' they are because they were born first. How someone with a decent post count or a 'regular' can post worse content than I would, and I'd get banned for less. I'm not going to go on, but yea, like the above user said, if it did happen, I'd leave :)

Exactly, thats what we want!

Why would we let new people on? I've got my OGH Testimonal ticket stub so i'm a better fan than you. You don't deserve to use NSC.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Maybe a better solution is that the WSU forum could be opened up only to those accounts that are older than 3 years and with 1,000+ posts.

Probably the best way of sorting out the people who know what they're talking about from the JCL riff raff in their early 20s all thinking they're being funny. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here