Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time for North Stand Protests ?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What exactly is the advantage of standing up?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
isnt it the case that its the law that we have all seater stadiums and that the seating is used? with punishment of reduced capcity if found to be breaching the law? i recall reading ManU fans have reduced away allocations because of persistant standing.

There are several instances of reduced allocations etc, but the bottom line is that the FA, Premier League and the SGSA all treat persistent standing with the same degree of seriousness with which UEFA treats racism. And with good reason. Closed areas and reduced allocations = loss of matchday revenue and nasty 'bald' spots on TV, meaning that 'The Greatest League In The World' (TM) is not shown in the best light.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Simple answer - no.

I've been told the back SEVEN rows can stand, if your forward of that then it's your own problem really. If you really do want to protest, Shirley standing up the whole match is better than sitting down and shutting up - as that's what the stewards clearly want.

Camicus

Boo hoo the nasty club wont let me stand in an all seater stadium. Its a shame its illegal to stand because people got killed at football matches but I will stand if I want and if I cant I shall bleat on and on. Get a grip guys ffs look around see our stadium and the football we play and be happy rather than banging on about something the club can do nothing about. They gave a bit of leaway and your now taking the piss so nobody has that leaway

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Boo hoo the nasty club wont let me stand in an all seater stadium. Its a shame its illegal to stand because people got killed at football matches but I will stand if I want and if I cant I shall bleat on and on. Get a grip guys ffs look around see our stadium and the football we play and be happy rather than banging on about something the club can do nothing about. They gave a bit of leaway and your now taking the piss so nobody has that leaway

Have to agree, give an inch take a mile.

And it will ruin it for those who did listen and get the back for rows.

If you do want to campaign then your efforts would be better spent getting behind the safe standing campaign.

Feel this whole thread was a fishing attempt anyway.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have to agree, give an inch take a mile.

And it will ruin it for those who did listen and get the back for rows.

If you do want to campaign then your efforts would be better spent getting behind the safe standing campaign.

Feel this whole thread was a fishing attempt anyway.

Agreed. OP normally slags off Brighton fans, especially when we play away.

D

Deleted member 18477

And it will ruin it for those who did listen and get the back four rows.

this isnt enough rows though. they didnt expect to get this many people in the stadium in the first few seasons granted so IMO it's time for a change in the 'rule'.

ALL the north stand should be standing + the 2 new corners. The AWAY stand should be sitting and if this rule is broken by the whole stand so be it... evict them ALL!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Martin Perry himself told me the back four rows.

Out of interest, why the back 4 rows? Why are they any different any seats anywhere else in the ground?

Oh and from what I hear there are going to be plenty more incidents like the other evening to come in the near future.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Out of interest, why the back 4 rows? Why are they any different any seats anywhere else in the ground?

Oh and from what I hear there are going to be plenty more incidents like the other evening to come in the near future.

Pointless spending out on safe standing then if half the North stand are going to get themselves kick out.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I wont sit down, I wont shut up but most of all I won't grow up.

Lyric from one of my favorite songs. Free Bovril for anyone who get's it. If you google it you are a ......................

The whole standing up - sitting down enforcement is a farce.

Millwall/Leeds have 2,000 who stand all game - nothing done whereas a club with only 2-300 away fans with 20 standing will be treated in a heavy fashion.

You see every week big Prem teams whose HOME fans are standing most of the game in large numbers and they get away with it - when was the last time you heard of a big club home allocation being reduced - NEVER!!

There is a complete inconsistency and the bottom line is they are trying to enforce a non issue - fans like standing and most of the time are not causing any problems. In the North Stand you are there because you want the experience and I would imagine most people can self regulate, i.e. if someone is annoying you in front them ask them to sit down - it's not rocket science.

Either sort out the inconsistency or use some common sense but sadly the latter is lacking in modern day football in so many ways.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Have a sit in protest from kick off till the end of the game that will show them.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
The whole standing up - sitting down enforcement is a farce.

Millwall/Leeds have 2,000 who stand all game - nothing done whereas a club with only 2-300 away fans with 20 standing will be treated in a heavy fashion.

You see every week big Prem teams whose HOME fans are standing most of the game in large numbers and they get away with it - when was the last time you heard of a big club home allocation being reduced - NEVER!!

There is a complete inconsistency and the bottom line is they are trying to enforce a non issue - fans like standing and most of the time are not causing any problems. In the North Stand you are there because you want the experience and I would imagine most people can self regulate, i.e. if someone is annoying you in front them ask them to sit down - it's not rocket science.

Either sort out the inconsistency or use some common sense but sadly the latter is lacking in modern day football in so many ways.

True. Loads of clubs turn a complete blind eye to mass standing, such as West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool. If people don't want to stand then they don't get in a ticket in, for instance, the Bobby Moore lower at West Ham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here