Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time for North Stand Protests ?

Feb 14, 2010
The North stand was created by TB to be the new North Stand. Tickets were sold on that basis and standing was always to be more relaxed. People bought tickets there for that reason. Poyet wants a passionate atmosphere but stewards have now started throwing people out. This club has a proud history of protest as the FA and Mr Archer, Mr Bellotti and Mr Stanley will be all too aware. Is it time for legal protests against recent events?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The only thing worth protesting about is getting rid of the dreadful NSK

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The North stand was created by TB to be the new North Stand. Tickets were sold on that basis and standing was always to be more relaxed in the back four rows. People bought tickets there for that reason. Poyet wants a passionate atmosphere but stewards have now started throwing people out. This club has a proud history of protest as the FA and Mr Archer, Mr Bellotti and Mr Stanley will be all too aware. Is it time for legal protests against recent events?

You missed a bit.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I always thought it a bit odd that they made that promise about standing being allowed, so I'm not surprised it's be reneged.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
At the presentation I attended, they didn't exactly say that standing was allowed.

More along the lines of "If you are of an excitable nature, you may wish to purchase a seat in the back four rows" or something like that.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just sit down and behave. This is'nt the Goldstone or the 80's.

Whether you agree or not the current rules are to sit down.

Feb 14, 2010
Just sit down and behave. This is'nt the Goldstone or the 80's.

Whether you agree or not the current rules are to sit down.

Thats just the protest that some have in mind. But before doing that someone has to write to apologise to the players/ Poyet for failing to give them the passionate home support they enjoy normally

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
This thread is a car crash.

That is all.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
At the presentation I attended, they didn't exactly say that standing was allowed.

More along the lines of "If you are of an excitable nature, you may wish to purchase a seat in the back four rows" or something like that.

I didn't go to a presentation so I'll take your word for it Edmund.
What is obvious is that people have interpreted "If you are of an excitable nature, you may wish to purchase a seat in the back four rows" as carte blanche to stand all the time throughout the stand. It's easy to see why the fifth row from the back, would think it should be ok as they are not in anyone's way as everyone behind them is standing. Same with the sixth row etc etc

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
I didn't go to a presentation so I'll take your word for it Edmund.
What is obvious is that people have interpreted "If you are of an excitable nature, you may wish to purchase a seat in the back four rows"
We were told back 8 rows at the presentation

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
isnt it the case that its the law that we have all seater stadiums and that the seating is used? with punishment of reduced capcity if found to be breaching the law? i recall reading ManU fans have reduced away allocations because of persistant standing.

so with this in mind, let us assume that maybe someone has made a complaint or the club know they are being watched. behave a bit, take a few weeks of playing the game, then see if a bit of standing is tolerated and go back to the apparently relaxed enforcement previously enjoyed. fighting the club over their enforcing the law is not going to go anywhere good, and just wind up those on the North Stand.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Protest, protest ......... it's been a while !!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
isnt it the case that its the law that we have all seater stadiums and that the seating is used? with punishment of reduced capcity if found to be breaching the law? i recall reading ManU fans have reduced away allocations because of persistant standing.

so with this in mind, let us assume that maybe someone has made a complaint or the club know they are being watched. behave a bit, take a few weeks of playing the game, then see if a bit of standing is tolerated and go back to the apparently relaxed enforcement previously enjoyed. fighting the club over their enforcing the law is not going to go anywhere good, and just wind up those on the North Stand.

This is why the club have never "officially" said that people can stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here