Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it that much better living abroad?

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
tedebear said:
No no I understood you! :lol: I didn't post my agreement very well either! :dunce:

It must be the grass is always greener thing, I can't think of anything else....The UK has its faults, but so does everywhere else!! My parents moan about where they are living, about the same type of things people on here are moaning about, buses, parking, noisy neighbours and strange parts of town....but some people here would give their most to change places with my parents (10 mins from the beach in Southern Sydney)....

Those people will never be happy :blush:

Spot on, and basically exactly the same as what I've heard from people I know. But do your parents also say to their friends how much they love living there?

The Grass is always greener, but my opinion from what I've seen of life thus far is that Family and friends is the one thing that makes you happy, and some of my family who live abroad are missing home (a pint of ale) and the opportunity for their kids to mingle with their cousins, etc. All very sad I think.

But I do find the anti-england, we're all doomed crowd totally wrong. Things aren't great, but they aren't that bad. and things are the same wherever you go.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Big Jim said:
But do your parents also say to their friends how much they love living there?

Oh yes - my mother is usually "moan moan moan this place has gone to the dogs", and then in her next breath "why don't you move back home - its such a wonderful place!" etc. etc. :lol:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
tedebear said:
Why do people make it into such a competition?

Indeed.

For some reason every time I read this thread I get "Ebony and Ivory" tinkling through my brain...

:ohmy:

AAAAAARRRGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get it out! Get it out NOW!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here