Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is it legal

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I dont understand - what are they looking for? A pocket full of broken glass?

"lets see, what do we have in....... ARGH..... AAAARGH......... AAAAAARGH!!!!! My hand!!!!!! Aaaargh!!!!!!"

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Faldo said:
I dont understand - what are they looking for? A pocket full of broken glass?

"lets see, what do we have in....... ARGH..... AAAARGH......... AAAAAARGH!!!!! My hand!!!!!! Aaaargh!!!!!!"

exactly my point

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Sainsbury's search, everyday. Every member of staff has to push a button an you either get a red light or a green one red light signals a search. Its totally random, did not get one red light in my first 3 months then since Tuesday after being signed off probation I have been re lighted twice, Tuesday and Thursday and I had a day off on Wednesday.

It does not need to be in your contract it does have to be a company policy and it does have to be fair and honest. In Sainsbury's every one is subject to the button from the top man to the man who cleans the bogs (might be the same chap!)

When you sign your contract you agree to abide by company policy and the company can bring in any new policies it likes, if you don't like them you are free to leave.

An example of this is where Sainsbury recently brought in drug and alcohol testing (some say they take the piss on the 3rd day and just continue from there!). Older staff had a choice like it or lump it, unions absolutely no use as all they could do was agree an amnesty period for staff.

CCTV the whole of the warehouse is covered by CCTV and some is overt some is covert (trying to catch people eating the products and those not working!. Unfortunately for Sainsbury's they can't have cameras in the loos and this is where most of the products get eaten by those who would do that sort of thing, mainly agency workers who have no fear of being sacked if caught, and the shirkers sit.)

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
kinkygerbil said:
I know you cant watch cctv cameras unless you know that the person has done something.
Im sure you can refuse to have your pockets search

Thats not true, up until 5 months ago I was manager of an off licence and I could watch the tape for any reason I wanted and didnt have to tell anybody. On the other subject most firms that do searches have it written into your contract.

If it aint in black & white then they dont have the right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here