Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it just me or does anyone else think that KLL is massively off the pace??

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He was exceptional by L1 standards, very good by Champ standards.

Returning from injury.

Also champ sides know about him through having more tape and more funds for scouting, so target him and 'rough him up' seems to be the established tactic to knock him out of his stride. If seen it works for other teams, opponents will do the same and becomes vicious circle till they realise Harley or Lua Lua himself will punish them from the resulting free kick :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Imagine what he will do if he can get fully fit.

will he ever be fully fit? Even though we wrap him in cotton wool he spends a hell of a lot of time out injured. I've lost count of the number of times he's been rested or out of the squad due to his hamstrings.

I also think he looks chunkier and is slower than when he was first here.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Massively off the pace? No. Not massively.
Had the beating of the full back and set up at least two great chances. That shot he had looked on its way in too.
His decision making and general fitness will improve as he gets more game time.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
In the 1st game v Doncaster there was a moment it looked like Poyet was going to do his nut when KLL didn't track back and he did it twice Sat. He's going to be a work in progress for the coaching staff. Of the wide players KLL looks in 3rd place at the moment for me.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
all i can say is it shows what wise men we have at the helm of this club. many clubs would not have held out for a loan deal with option of buying. they would have caved in to the pressure of fans and Newcastle's game playing (hudds wanting him etc) and just bought him crossing fingers.

if it works we can have him, if it doesn't we have lost nothing (very little just wages). how lucky we r not getting mismanaged financially

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep sadly looked off the pace and not match fit. That said he beat the fill back at least twice and put in two great crosses, for CMS and the Barnes penalty claim. Imagine what he will do if he can get fully fit.

I agree with this but still thought he did well when he came on. Those 2 low crosses were great after easily beating the man.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
he is not fully match fit, doo dah, doo dah...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He wont be up to full speed until he is 100% fit. Dont forget Monkhouse kindly broke his ankle last season. If Nooney is playing a blinder then LuaLua might look like he's under-performing at the moment but I dont think it will stay that way for long. Championship defenders are not lower league cloggers but can certainly dish out a bit of the rough stuff and get the benefit of the doubt from the ref and his assistants which might affect KLL's confidence unless he adapts a different style and plays exactly how Gus wants him to.

Kazenga is just lacking match practice. Personally I thought it was his decision making, i.e. when to release the ball that was the problem. Biggest issue for me is his inability to defend. I beleive in bringing Noone off for Kaz it cost us the game. Would much rather have seen him come on for Barness who by that point was running on commitment not energy.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Poyets first major mistake was seen today, Noone being taken off for a lualua who was found wanting.
Noone was far more dangerous and knew what he wanted to do, Lua lua was poor and always looking for freekicks instead of taking the man on and beating him.

Have to agree. If Poyet had kept Noone on I believe we would have won. Lua Lua offered absolutely nothing defensively. Bad decision by the manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here