Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it just me or does anyone else think that KLL is massively off the pace??

G_master

Feb 8, 2004
Brighton
He doesn't track back and is always guilty of leaving his man, which leave the right/left back out numbered. Today he looked disinterested as well. Noone was much more effective today.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
By his own high standards he was very poor when he came on bar his first major involvement when he crossed and barnes was tugged back. Their right back read him fairly well and a couple of times he picked the wrong option.

That being said when fully fit he willbe a huge asset against tiring defences. His off the pace is most people's top pace, between him noone & Buckley we will cause defences no end of problems.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What a player!! Not match fit / sharp, and it showed a bit, yet still can't believe he didn't set up 2 goals on a plate. One was a miraculous save (and offside?) and one was only prevented by a stonewall penalty, not given.

That's him below his best. As I say, what a player!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I didn't see him today, but I was listening and it sounded similar to what I saw at Donny, which is that he is off the pace, is giving it away cheaply and really isn't delivering on the final ball. Obviously he isn't match fit but these are all elements of his game that I thought were much improved during his second loan spell with us, I think right now it's hard to justify starting him, as he has looked pretty ineffectual.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
He doesn't track back and is always guilty of leaving his man, which leave the right/left back out numbered. Today he looked disinterested as well. Noone was much more effective today.

Agree, painter was under the kosh when KLL came on. He's hopeless defensively and he came on when Blackpool were getting back into it. He also lost the ball in dangerous areas a couple of times and needs to know that he must play the simple, safer ball sometimes. Saying that I'm sure he will improve. We certainly Missed more creativity on the bench from Buckley and Hoskins today. Still not a bad result to ex pl parachute payment backpool.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Whilst not fully fit I can see why Gus is hesitant to commit.

The key difference is that Noone has the footballing brain. Lua Lua is just a bit naive at times and needs variation. He may have blistering pace but in this Division against a better class of defender you need other tools. He can look clumsy and sometimes does not not know when to release and perhaps play the easier percentage ball that keeps possession particularly when deeper in our half.

Having said all this I still like to have him as an impact sub particularly when fully fit. If we can get his brain up to the speed of his legs he could be awesome.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Whilst not fully fit I can see why Gus is hesitant to commit.

The key difference is that Noone has the footballing brain. Lua Lua is just a bit naive at times and needs variation. He may have blistering pace but in this Division against a better class of defender you need other tools. He can look clumsy and sometimes does not not know when to release and perhaps play the easier percentage ball that keeps possession particularly when deeper in our half.

Having said all this I still like to have him as an impact sub particularly when fully fit. If we can get his brain up to the speed of his legs he could be awesome.

I agree with this.

Sometimes it doesn't look like he's fully in synch with the team (probably natural considering he's been injured and it's only the 4th league game). He looks brilliant going forward, and though he did look off the pace today, his two crosses were excellent. BUT whenever he turns back, as our players do in our passing game, he looks incredibly vulnerable to losing the ball, and as metalmicky said, a little naive, whereas Noone looks comfortable playing it back.

Having said that, our team looks f***ing blistering four games into the season. We could be very scary come November.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didn't see him today, but I was listening and it sounded similar to what I saw at Donny, which is that he is off the pace, is giving it away cheaply and really isn't delivering on the final ball. Obviously he isn't match fit but these are all elements of his game that I thought were much improved during his second loan spell with us, I think right now it's hard to justify starting him, as he has looked pretty ineffectual.

erm...dont know who u wer listening too..but i wasnt ther and listening and didnt get tht impression at all...he was roasting ther full back...and maybe misplaced one ball..also he put som tackles in...

the guy has what played bits of 2 games..and how many games at the end of last season..2?..no wonder he's not quite there yet..but he's still a big threat and i look forward to seeing more of him

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think Noone is the better player overall personally, I hope KLL can be just as effective as he was on his last spell with us, has so much potential.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought the opposite! Beat him once with the step over but never really committed after that and was quite clumsy on the ball....

I agree, felt he was poor. Defensively we were not as good when he came on, mainly for the fact he does a lot of ball watching. I wonder whether he'll be involved when Buckley is fit, just a feeling. The 5 subs is not going to help and surely Noone can't be left out of the squad.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Big mistake taking Noone off, he was terrifying Blackpool .

I think KLL has possibly been on the beer and pies too much. He looks at least half a stone heavier than when he was last here, hence the relative lack of pace.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
KLL looks a much better player when he has open space to run into. Trouble was yesterday we did not get the ball over to him quickly enough so by the time it arrived at his feet he was already crowded by Blackpool players. Noone is contrast is better in these circumstances and drifts past players which is why yesterdays game suited him more than KLL.

We will need both options this season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who thinks he will look as effective against decent Championship sides as he did against donkey League One defenders is gonna be disappointed imo. Good squad member who is obviously not match fit, he would not be here if he was the world beater some of you are expecting him to be,

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
KLL looks a much better player when he has open space to run into. Trouble was yesterday we did not get the ball over to him quickly enough so by the time it arrived at his feet he was already crowded by Blackpool players. Noone is contrast is better in these circumstances and drifts past players which is why yesterdays game suited him more than KLL.

We will need both options this season

I agree to a certain extent but I think a lot of the reason why he didn't get the ball quickly enough was because he wasn't getting in the right positions. When he has ball to feet and us running at defenders, he looks great still but, off the ball, at the moment is a major weakness. Using his blistering pace as an impact sub doesn't just mean when he is running with the ball. There were several attacks yesterday when he should have been sprinting to get forward but instead he just hung back. This was the most disappointing aspect for me yesterday.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
What a player!! Not match fit / sharp, and it showed a bit, yet still can't believe he didn't set up 2 goals on a plate. One was a miraculous save (and offside?) and one was only prevented by a stonewall penalty, not given.

That's him below his best. As I say, what a player!

Absolutely spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here