Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it acceptable for Albion players to do ‘balloons’ on a team night out?

Well?

• Yes, it’s fine (I’m under 40)

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • Yes, it’s fine (I’m 40 or over)

Votes: 94 28.2%
  • No, it’s not good (I’m under 40)

Votes: 33 9.9%
  • No, it’s not good (I’m 40 or over)

Votes: 122 36.6%
  • I’m unsure (I’m under 40)

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • I’m unsure (I’m 40 or over)

Votes: 32 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Because they're at work - and haved dragged in the likes of Gross and AJ.

How do you know they've 'dragged in' Gross and AJ? How do you know it's not the other way around? Have you never had a work night out before? Why aren't they allowed one?

I suspect there are others rightly hacked off with 3 points in the last 4 games, and to be then shown players on 'stag do' setting - rather than seeing some evidence of application and focus - is a little problematic.

They'd better be good at Sheffield United.

So people have seen a 30 second video of the team's week away, and have decided from that that they aren't showing application and focus. What absolute bullshit.

In answer to the original question in the thread title- that is up to Graham Potter to decide, and nobody else, because nobody else has a clue what has gone on during this trip. People need to realise that the players don't care what we think, and we don't own them. And if we end up getting relegated this year then it won't be down to them inhaling some laughing gas from a balloon in February.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
How do you know they've 'dragged in' Gross and AJ? How do you know it's not the other way around? Have you never had a work night out before? Why aren't they allowed one?

So people have seen a 30 second video of the team's week away, and have decided from that that they aren't showing application and focus. What absolute bullshit.

In answer to the original question in the thread title- that is up to Graham Potter to decide, and nobody else, because nobody else has a clue what has gone on during this trip. People need to realise that the players don't care what we think, and we don't own them. And if we end up getting relegated this year then it won't be down to them inhaling some laughing gas from a balloon in February.

Where are the training camp photos or is this just a social ?

Like I said - and to expand maybe this is all part of Potter's strategy and will prove inspired - they had better be good at Sheffield United.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In answer to the original question in the thread title- that is up to Graham Potter to decide, and nobody else

I would think Tony Bloom and Paul Barber may also have a hand in that. You seem to be taking the other angle that there is nothing wrong, and yet GP maybe seething this has happened. We don't know, we can only guess and judge it by our expectations.

And if we end up getting relegated this year then it won't be down to them inhaling some laughing gas from a balloon in February.

It might not come down to the gas, but it might come down to their state of minds. There is still a good number in this group that managed to completely hand a league title on a plate to another team because they couldn't refocus for 3 games.

If Potter is taking the Brian Clough route of forbidding the players to train, and actively encouraging them to let their hair down, get a few beers, cocktails and laughing gas down them, then fair enough, that his strategy for getting them back on track. If it has ended up going against trip boundaries set by Potter, then there maybe some very justifiable opinions on this thread.

So we don't know, there are no certainties. You are judging it on your expectations and experiences, others are judging it on theirs. There aren't many right or wrongs other than as you've said, what Potter feels about it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Nobody sensible will trace our impending relegation directly back to that. And as said before, its not crime of the centruy. But it IS indicative of a casually unprofessional attitude during a crucial part of the season when they're in the midst of a relegation scrap. The best of the best, the TRUE elite sportsmen, do not get clocked mid-season mucking around in nightclubs with Nos (or whatever anyone wants to call it).

You can shrug your shoulders and say "big deal", as many are doing. But I'm still peeved by the mother-of-all-benders they went on after sealing promotion, that ended up costing us a title that we should've pissed easily. Unprofessionalism is a corrosive thing, even if its going on a week or 10 days before the next game. That, for me, is the concern.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wonder how a nitrous oxide cafe would go down in Hove.

I might try and get some money together for the ‘Humphrey Davy Cafe’

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I wonder how a nitrous oxide cafe would go down in Hove.

I might try and get some money together for the ‘Humphrey Davy Cafe’

It wouldn't unless of course it was Vegan, Organic, Sustainable, Artisan and Carbon neutral then it would be massively popular with the local Caferati until closing with debts 6 months later.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That idea's not to be laughed at!

Though I'm not sure it would take off, or then again, maybe it might!

Unless you suffer from B12 deficiency which is more common in vegans and vegetarians ... I’ll have to provide Vegimite dips then I suppose.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Sanctimonious prick. I have kids, they make informed choices, know the difference between right and wrong and most importantly the know when someone is being a dick for a laugh. You don't. I pity your kids if you have any you utter prick. Now go to the trauma room and curl up in the fetal position you bell-end.

I love your reasoned argument.

Your response sums up my point exactly...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
There's a glaring omission from the poll options.

Where is: My age is immaterial and I really couldn't give a shit what they do as long as it doesn't affect performances on the pitch.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd love to see those defending them bust out some NOS and start doing balloons while on a work trip

It's a team bonding trip.
I've seen some disgraceful behaviour at work conferences. At my last Christmas party there was a bit of noise bag going round with people who I'd never thought would be into it. We're all much better mates than we were before, job done :thumbsup:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It's a team bonding trip.
I've seen some disgraceful behaviour at work conferences. At my last Christmas party there was a bit of noise bag going round with people who I'd never thought would be into it. We're all much better mates than we were before, job done :thumbsup:

Imagine a Christmas party without a bit of charge, now that is a scary thought!!

I think this thread is basically split between people who don't like recreational drug = outrage. People who occasionally indulge = who gives a f*ck

I am in the latter camp

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

You're right of course, but the sheer cost of modern football combined with the incredible wages which we ultimately pay for, does make people think, rightly or wrongly they should have a say. For example, I've just given over £600 for my season ticket and I reckon more than 50% of my disposable or "entertainment" income goes on following them in one way or another.

As other's have said, when things are in the press which don't scream 100% focus on survival, that does grate

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
There's a glaring omission from the poll options.

Where is: My age is immaterial and I really couldn't give a shit what they do as long as it doesn't affect performances on the pitch.

Voting is anonymous. You can select either of the "Yes, it's fine" options. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here