Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Ian Wright taking patriotism too far?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
According to Wright, he'd rather the England football team spend years "in the wilderness" with an English manager than win the World Cup with a foreigner.

For a man who seems to struggle to correctly pronounce any words with an "o" in them you might be inclined to ask if English is his second language.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Is this the same Ian wright who's favourate club are managed by a FRENCHMAN?!

Hypocracy of the highest order.:angry:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Extreme, there is no English candidate up for the job let alone qualified.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If a white man had said that it probably would have been deemed racist by the mainstream media.

Ian Wright is a TIT

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"heart on the sleeve" stuff I suppose. He's entitled to his opinion.
He's just wrong.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Didn't he refuse to have white builders working on his house?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The man is a muppet. He is a twat of the highest order, the fact he is on BBC TV is a joke and an insult to anyone watching with more than a quarter of a brain.

The babblings of my 2 week old baby make more sense than this Palace Dickhead.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
He never was the brightest tool in the book:lolol:

seagulls4eva

Feb 7, 2006
Cumbria
It seems strange to me that Fifa allow countries to have foreign managers, they don't allow foreign players.

Personally I think England should have an English manager, Scotland should have a Scottish manager and Sede should have a Swedis manager.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Lets give it up for Ian Wright:nono: :nono:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I also like Ian Wright and the fact that he wears his heart on his sleeve, however those comments were a bit extreme, perhaps a case of his mouth working faster than his brain. He would certainly fit in very well on NSC.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Pavilionaire said:
The man is a muppet. He is a twat of the highest order, the fact he is on BBC TV is a joke and an insult to anyone watching with more than a quarter of a brain.

The babblings of my 2 week old baby make more sense than this Palace Dickhead.

Well said.

I've just heard the manager of Withdean 2000 football team (u11's?) make a complete tool of himself on Radio 2 saying exactly the same thing..

We support the team, not coat the manager.

He is head and shoulders above what we currently have on offer from English managers, sadly..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rowdey said:
Well said.

I've just heard the manager of Withdean 2000 football team (u11's?) make a complete tool of himself on Radio 2 saying exactly the same thing..

We support the team, not coat the manager.

He is head and shoulders above what we currently have on offer from English managers, sadly..

Only caught the tail end did I mishear or did he really say that Ian Wright should be England manager but England is so racist that we'd rather have a white Brazilian than a black Englishman :eek: :( :ohmy:

Dandyman

In London village.
Icy Gull said:
Only caught the tail end did I mishear or did he really say that Ian Wright should be England manager but England is so racist that we'd rather have a white Brazilian than a black Englishman :eek: :( :ohmy:

I'll bet that Big Phil can still talk more comprehensible english than that Palarse twat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dandyman said:
I'll bet that Big Phil can still talk more comprehensible english than that Palarse twat.

Loathe him you may but what you see is what you get and I can forgive him playing for the Scum and his outrageously immature tv outbursts when I recall his brilliant and varied goal celebrations. I suspect that as you have to forgive him for being Palace and Arsenal it is somewhat harder for you :rolleyes:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I think that the England manager should be English - shame all the candidates are rubbish.

I also think that youth teams should primarily include players from the UK - not as the Arse do.

And I think that you mean 'Palace legend'. You lot on here are all bitter because you missed out on him. Could have been all so different eh.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here