Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Ian Wright taking patriotism too far?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Wright is a dick. I think the England manager should be English, and not from some little Englander, they don't understand our passion point of view. If we have a foreign coach then why not have foreign players. It is just a shame all the English candidates are shite, so essentially I would rather we had a foriegn coach and do well than a shite English manager and do crap.

Dandyman

In London village.
Icy Gull said:
Loathe him you may but what you see is what you get and I can forgive him playing for the Scum and his outrageously immature tv outbursts when I recall his brilliant and varied goal celebrations. I suspect that as you have to forgive him for being Palace and Arsenal it is somewhat harder for you :rolleyes:

The feller is a total knob. I remember the game where he celebrated getting the Arsenal scoring record and turned it into a commercial sponsorship exercise that just happened not to point out how far behind the top scorers of most other London clubs he actually was.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
paulie said:

And I think that you mean 'Palace legend'. You lot on here are all bitter because you missed out on him. Could have been all so different eh.........
:clap: :clap: Watch this space Paulie because Ian Wright could possibly do a job for this shambles of a team just yet!!:jester: :lolol: :drink:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Icy Gull said:
Only caught the tail end did I mishear or did he really say that Ian Wright should be England manager but England is so racist that we'd rather have a white Brazilian than a black Englishman :eek: :( :ohmy:

To be fair, that wasn't actually Withdean 2000 who said that, t'was another utter fool...I know he has to be impartial, but why air them ?
BTW, err doesn't someone with Withdean 2000 connections post on here ?!

Yesterday the Standard ran a front page feature with quotes from Lineker and Wright etc all of them 'surprised and disapointed' in one way or another.
Then inside they actually ran a good feature showing exactly what Big Phil has achieved in his time, and he's a great candidate.

I think he's very good for England right now :)

Last edited:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Rowdey said:
Well said.

I've just heard the manager of Withdean 2000 football team (u11's?) make a complete tool of himself on Radio 2 saying exactly the same thing..

We support the team, not coat the manager.

He is head and shoulders above what we currently have on offer from English managers, sadly..

Did you catch the fella's name ?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Sid James said:
Did you catch the fella's name ?

I think it was Andy, and he was manager of U10's this season, going into u11's next.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Rowdey said:
I think it was Andy, and he was manager of U10's this season, going into u11's next.

I know R2 have a pod cast thing on their website, where you can replay programmes again for up to a week afterwards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here