Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Ian Hart A Knob ???

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Munchkin said:
Just think he doesn't help our situation at times (i.e the MMC situation ) :nono:

:salute: :salute:

The whole SORRY McCammon incident is like a fly drowning in the Ocean compared to what people like Harty were doing about Archer/Bellotti/Gillingham etc etc etc.

Still, you being a lifelong fan, you will know all about that.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ian Hart probably doesn't know this but I used to chat to him at every home game in the goldstone days when he was selling Gulls Eye. He sold his last flat to my uncle and We also have a mutual friend in Father Paul (who I haven't seen in ages) so he's ok by me.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
hove born&bred said:
He is from Central Brighton Just off the Drove very near Dyke Road so surley a knob

If you say So!!!!!!!!!!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Rougvie said:
The whole SORRY McCammon incident is like a fly drowning in the Ocean compared to what people like Harty were doing about Archer/Bellotti/Gillingham etc etc etc.

Still, you being a lifelong fan, you will know all about that.

Couldn't agree more, but just felt the way the story was thrown across the press didn't help our situation, in house bitching and all that.

We should be behind all our players, not publicly slating them on a phone in :nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty is a great bloke and Albion legend, just backfired on him this week

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
No, he's not a knob. He does a job, and he's normally pretty good. He just got caught out by McCammon and didn't come out very well. However, he couldn't really have handled it any other way - you can't have a screaming match on the radio, and at least he let McCammon have his say (despite trying to herd him onto dodgy ground once or twice!). Potentially, he's a good link between fans and club, and I'd rather listen to him than Fred Dinenage. Now HE's a knob. But I'd shag his daughter.....again.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sorry but I'm not a massive fan, to be honest. Calling him a nob is a bit harsh though; I just don't like his style, but nor that style of programme full stop.

He has is the past been too much of a shit-stirrer (some of his stuff about Dick Knight has just been desperately trying to be contentious) and I think he's far too soft on the brain-donors that phone in for my taste. But hey, I'm still happy that the programme exists for those that do like it and that's down to his hard work, so you have to credit the bloke for that.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Munchkin said:
We should be behind all our players, not publicly slating them on a phone in :nono:

What even ones that are obviously not good enough at this level ? When I played football at a reasonable level, part of the way managers judged you over a season was your injury record too, fair enough players ger a bit of bad luck over the course, but McCammon has been injury prone throughout his career.

He said it a lot more politely than what most of us privately think about McCammon and for that I applaud him, he got a bit rattled, but hey, Harty more than anyone probably finds it difficult to restrain himself on the radio.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Harty has serious history with this club and like everybody else is entitled to his opinions. God bloke in my book.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No he is not a knob. The word is overused but he is a legend. The work he did with Gulls Eye means he will forever be in credit.

He IS however not the greatest radio presenter in the world! (Just my opinion, I'm sure he won't mind me criticising even though I've never presented a radio show in my life!). However I'd MUCH rather have him than some slick professional who had no real feeling for us but was just doing it as a job. I wish I had a copy of his rant after we'd got promoted at Plymouth, that's what a local radio station should be broadcasting.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
He annoys me no end but his heart is in the right place (no pun intended). I cringe every time I listen to his phone in show, it's quite frankly painful.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Harty is a good presenter and I don't think he came out of the McCammon interview too badly.

He is also more honest and forthright than most broadcasters, and he is Albion through and through so he knows his history. Any replacement would not be so well-versed and media-friendly - the Harty Haters should be mindful of that.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He used to annoy the hell out of me when he first started the phone in, but now its compulsive viewing, well listening.

Couldn't imagine a better host. Thiought he done okay against McCammon, but should have asked him how he considers himself good enough for this level, when he got no where at Millwall and the same here.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Formerly Known as DEZ said:
I cringe every time I listen to his phone in show, it's quite frankly painful.

...whereas of course, you could do much better job?

It's a fans phone in hosted by a fan. It does exactly what it says on the tin and thats fine by me.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
227 BHA said:
...whereas of course, you could do much better job?

It's a fans phone in hosted by a fan. It does exactly what it says on the tin and thats fine by me.

Using the logic of Harty himself, we don't need to be able to do a better job - we are BBC licence fee payers therefore we have a right to voice an opinion.

He's not bad, he would have done better if he had stood with the courage of his convictions rather than squirming.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Formerly Known as DEZ said:
He annoys me no end but his heart is in the right place (no pun intended). I cringe every time I listen to his phone in show, it's quite frankly painful.

What he said ...

His voice is awful ... the show tends bring all the idiots out of their boxes and he does tend to set himself up .. but calling him a knob is out of order

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here