Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Happy Seagull About to get NSC Closed Down??

Well

• Yes - and its funny

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No - its sad

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Retarded Dwarf Syndrome - Its not big and its not clever

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • What te f**l are You on about??

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Carrot Cruncher said:
A Typical Cornish Pasty Recipe

Shortcut Pastry:

225 gm. plain flour
115 gm. fat (mixture of lard and butter)
A pinch of salt
The Filling:

225 gm. steak cut into small cubes
2 or 3 large potatoes
1 piece of turnip or swede
1 onion, peeled and chopped
Salt and pepper
The Method:

Sift the flour with the salt, rub in the fat, and mix to a pliable consistency with some water. Leave to rest for half an hour.
Roll out half the pastry into a round about 5 mm. thick (quarter of an inch).
Peel and slice the potatoes thinly onto the center of round to form a base for the rest of the filling.
Slice the turnip thinly over the potato, then spread the beef on top.
Add a little onion, season with salt and pepper.
Dampen the edge of the circle of pastry with water to help seal it. Bring together the edges to make a parcel with the filling in the center.
There should be a neat pastry parcel. If you do get any holes, patch them with a little extra pastry. You can make the pastry neater by crimping the edges. Fold over the edge to make it slightly thicker, then squeeze tightly every 2 cms. to make a neat pattern along the edge.
Put the pastry on a piece of buttered paper, make a small slit on top to let the steam brush the top with a little milk, and put it on a greased baking tray.
Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200C (gas mark 6) for 30 minutes, reduce the heat to 190C (gas mark 5) and cook another 30 minutes.
You can make the pastry as a starter, by making it smaller. Use a saucer as a template to get the size.

Any more of that Mr Cruncher and I'll report you to the mods for using my username in an inappropriate manner.
:lolol:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
What is "not according to Bozza"?

Your use of another person's picture or whether they are happy about you using their picture?

Only it strikes me that there is rarely an innocent reason to want to impersonate someone else!!

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
roz said:
Provided that the person whose picture you are using is happy about your appropriation of it.

To be fair, PENGOON does have a picture of an NSC MOD on his myspace. I doubt the MOD knew this before now.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
pasty said:
Any more of that Mr Cruncher and I'll report you to the mods for using my username in an inappropriate manner.

:lolol: :lolol:

My apologies!!

190177~Uncle-Buck-Posters.jpg

I just can't STOP myself...

:jester:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Happy Seagull said:
Not according to Bozza.

If you're going to lie about me you won't be posting here for very much longer.

Shall I remind you that you asked me to remove the avatar as it was copyrighted. Not because it was you. I'll say it again - you asked it to be removed because it was a copyrighted image. You've not provided any proof of that yet.

I then asked if you'd asked him to remove it. You confirmed you had not.

Simultaneously you were seeking to provoke DP by setting your custom title and seeking out a picture of DP to set as your own avatar.

(And what you don't know, of course, is the PM I had immediately sent to DP requesting him to not knowingly set his avatar to the picture of another NSC user unless he could provide me with proof of permission.)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bozza said:
If you're going to lie about me you won't be posting here for very much longer.

Shall I remind you that you asked me to remove the avatar as it was copyrighted. Not because it was you. I'll say it again - you asked it to be removed because it was a copyrighted image. You've not provided any proof of that yet.

I then asked if you'd asked him to remove it. You confirmed you had not.

Simultaneously you were seeking to provoke DP by setting your custom title and seeking out a picture of DP to set as your own avatar.

(And what you don't know, of course, is the PM I had immediately sent to DP requesting him to not knowingly set his avatar to the picture of another NSC user unless he could provide me with proof of permission.)

I have now replied to your PM and am watching proceedings with interest.

PS, if PIERS wishes to know what is on my Myspace blog then maybe he should ask me HIMSELF?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Happy Seagull said:
Ok maybe not 100% true about you. But it remains a fact my request was denied.

And, as ever, in these instances I made a polite request for the user to change it themself. Polite generally does the trick and I don't have to wade into the Admin panel.

You must remember, of course, that I have no idea what you look like. You say it is you. It could very well be DP for all I knew.

1066gull

Why is DP acting such a prick lately? I never actually minded the bloke, but recently he has been more of an attention seeker than me because he fell out with the Polls, by bringing his moaning here.

Acting like a complete spaz and stuff? Why DP? Can't you just stop for two seconds and think what you're doing, as your not making it easy for yourself. Some reason I feel sorry for you when people abusing your pictures, because I hate it done to me, but to be honest you are bringing it on yourself.:nono: :nono: :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here