Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus our Brian Clough?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Is Gus our Brian Clough? I bl**dy well hope not!

Let's hope Gus is our Bill Shankly who took a struggling club and transformed it within a couple of years.

The jury is always out, and I kinda get the analogy this thread is making - but I think Gus will be 'our Gus' and that's going to be something different. Anyway, we did have Clough at Brighton before and that didn't go so well as it was! The wake of his brief tenure was another story of course :)

Whatever happens, it's brilliant that we are gazing in wonder at a new and exciting future, and with an exciting new manager. Exciting for Gus too, no doubt!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A quick bounce of my ORIGINAL thread. I genuinely think he could be.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Poyet has been an absolute legend and richly deserves all the plaudits coming his way, I believe he will be here for at least 2 more seasons, he has a vision and wants to build something special. I also believe his legacy will be long standing and even after he has gone the blueprint for success will be in place. I am so proud to be a Brighton fan and have not been this happy since our stint in the old first division. I still love Alan Mullery and I hope Gus goes on to emulate his success and even go beyond it. In Gus we trust. Thank you Mr.Bloom for this wonderful day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here